What's new

Changing front mains from sats to towers (1 Viewer)

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
I am considering changing front speakers out from small sats (Infinity Entra ones) to a tower style speaker (Infinity Entra Three). I listen to some music but mostly home theater. Will they improve my sound much, I know it will increase the mid range and mid bass response which I currently think is lacking. The will also allow much better placement options since I can move everything close to ear level. You guys think its worth the cash to replace them?

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Yes I am running a single powered sub, I am hoping the larger speakers would do a better job of reproducing the frequencies just above the crossover point since the small sats don't seem to do a good job of it.

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
It is my experience that good bookshelf speakers will blend with a sub better than many tower style speakers. Bookshelf speakers will require a stand so size will not be less than with tower speakers. What's your price range?

"You guys think its worth the cash to replace them?"

I heard your (well, not exactly yours) speakers about a year ago. For the price ($100), I thought they did an adaquet job but a little more money would yield a lot more speaker.

David

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Thats what I am debating, right now the towers are cheap $215.00, I might be better off saving up some and getting stands for now and then higher end speakers all the way around later when I have the cash. I assume that the frequency response would be about the same down to the 100hz or so if the speakers were set to small with towers or bookshelf style speakers.

David Bikeman

Stunt Coordinator
"I might be better off saving up some and getting stands for now and then higher end speakers all the way around later when I have the cash. "

That's an excellent stategy. :emoji_thumbsup:

David

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit

Thanks for your help, I guess I'll put the 200 towards saving towards new speakers or towards replacing this 10" sub with a SVS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks