What's new

Centre channel tweeter position? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,
I'm planning to build 3 (almost) identical MTM's for my left, centre and right speakers. The centre channel will be vertical, not lying on its side.
On the left and right speakers I was planning to offset the drivers towards the inner edge of the baffle (like the adire 281, or Lynn Olson's Ariel), mirroring left and right speakers of course.
What do I do on the centre channel? - Make it the same as one of the front speakers? Or, line all the centre channel drivers up in the middle of the baffle?
Should I just make all 3 speakers with the drivers lined up in the middle of the baffle (no offsets), so that they are all the same?
Thank's in advance for any advice.

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
This is a good question that I hadn't given any thought to. I think I would make them all the same, with centered components vertically. To maintain sonic consistancy, I would make a baffle wall the width of the TV and the height of the CC, and matching sized baffle walls (same as baffle/TV in area) for the L-R speakers (located at the same height/angle) so that they get the same baffle step diffraction as the center does. You wind up with basically a false wall that wall mounted shelves above it for components can finish it off.
GM
------------------
Loud is beautiful, if it's clean

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks