What's new

CenterChannel: Intermezzo or B&W HTM2 (1 Viewer)

MattSRO

Auditioning
I recently bought jbl s38ii and s-centerii w/ an HK avr325. Its sounds very good with music (lows and highs.. 8inch woofers sound good). However, i am very picky and the center doesn't sound transparent enough for me, mids/voices are too weak and it doesn't have a large enough presence. I'm looking at putting alot of money (i'm a college student :) give me a break) into a center channel and i hear that b&w htm2 is one of the best. I'm going to nashville (closest dealer) to hear it but I'm afraid I don't have a place to go listen to the Infinity Intermezzo 3.5c.

So, I'm sure they are both excellent but how much better if any is the B&W HTM2? I realize this is all based on opinion and listening but I'd like to hear your opinion(s).

PS Even though I haven't heard the Intermezzos, I have car speaker made of the same CMMD material and they are fabulous.
Thanks, Matt

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
MattSRO:

I really like the intermezzo line and am surprised it doesn't get more support on this and other forums (too mainstream???). I have 4.1ts as my mains and will eventually upgrade my il36c to the 3.5c as it is a great speakers for both music and HT. Just my .02...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks