CenterChannel: Intermezzo or B&W HTM2

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MattSRO, Sep 15, 2003.

1. MattSRO

MattSRO Auditioning

I recently bought jbl s38ii and s-centerii w/ an HK avr325. Its sounds very good with music (lows and highs.. 8inch woofers sound good). However, i am very picky and the center doesn't sound transparent enough for me, mids/voices are too weak and it doesn't have a large enough presence. I'm looking at putting alot of money (i'm a college student [​IMG] give me a break) into a center channel and i hear that b&w htm2 is one of the best. I'm going to nashville (closest dealer) to hear it but I'm afraid I don't have a place to go listen to the Infinity Intermezzo 3.5c.

So, I'm sure they are both excellent but how much better if any is the B&W HTM2? I realize this is all based on opinion and listening but I'd like to hear your opinion(s).

PS Even though I haven't heard the Intermezzos, I have car speaker made of the same CMMD material and they are fabulous.
    Thanks, Matt

2. John Robert

John Robert Stunt Coordinator

MattSRO:

I really like the intermezzo line and am surprised it doesn't get more support on this and other forums (too mainstream???). I have 4.1ts as my mains and will eventually upgrade my il36c to the 3.5c as it is a great speakers for both music and HT. Just my .02...