What's new

Center speaker not keeping up (1 Viewer)

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought a house so I'm able to play a movie as loud as I want now :D But I've noticed at high volumes when there's alot of action going on dialogue or sounds from the center speaker get a little drowned out. I got a new receiver (not because of this) and its still the same. The sound levels are fine so I'm thinking maybe theres something wrong with my center speaker. But any other time it sounds fine. My front speakers are Klipsch RF3-II's and RC3 for the center. Anybody experience something similar?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

I assume that this means that you have used something like AVIA or VE with a SPL meter to adjust your levels.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator
Yes. I currently have the Pioneer VSX-53TX and used the auto calibration but I used Avia and a SPL meter also to double check.

Aaron_Mum

Stunt Coordinator
Some thoughts:

-Could be your room when stuff gets boomy. Lots of room reflections could hurt CC clarity.
-Could be the mix on the DVD. Is it the same problem consistently with a bunch of different DVDs?
-Could be speaker positioning/aiming.
-I've never listened to your speakers so I cannot comment but they are a good brand and should be up to the task!

I'm no expert so this is just some stuff to consider!

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
If your center is on top of your TV, a couple of tips.

Move it forward so the front edge of the CC overhangs the TV by 1/4-1/2 inch or so.

"Disconnect" the speaker resonance from the TV cabinet (causing sympathetic vibrations) by raising the front and back of the CC using eraser tips cut off the ends of pencils.

These 2 things made a good difference, in the clarity of my Klipsch center.

BenK

Stunt Coordinator

I'll try that. Its about a 1/4 inch before the edge on top of the tv right now. Thanks alot for the suggestions guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks