What's new

center channel questions (1 Viewer)

Joe*H

Stunt Coordinator
guys I am using a def tech model c1 with klipsch sf3 fronts and I find that I have to keep the center turned way up to at least +5 so that I can hear it over the fronts. I am using a yamaha 5740 receiver( for now). I dont know the specs on the sf3 but the center is as follows
Dimensions: 6.75" H x 19" W x 8.5" D
Frequency Response: 45hz - 28khz
Efficiency: 90 db (1 watt/1meter)
Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohm outputs (6 ohm
average)
Driver complement: 2 x 5.25" cast basket bass/midrange
driver, 1
x 1" dome tweeter
(later models had a 1" aluminum dome
tweeter)
Recommended Amplification: 10 - 200 watts per channel
I figured that this must be a set up problem or that I need a better receiver. anyway if you have any ideas please let me know. thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That would most likely be because the Klipsch are MUCH more efficient than the DT center, so what you describe is not suprising. Either look for matching DT mains, or a matching Klipsch center.

FYI: you are not allowed to list your gear in your sig on this forum.

Joe*H

Stunt Coordinator
does it make a difference that I have the center set up like this. Also if I was to buy a klipsch center would it make a big enough difference to equal out the cost so I could convince the better half. I checked the klipsch web site and those sf3 call for a model sc3 center. I'll try and look for some prices. thanks

R:o:b

Agent
try to get a timbre match. get the klipsh if u want a seemless sound between your fronts and center

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks