What's new

Center channel placement (1 Viewer)

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
I have my TV between 2 book shelves and the TV sticks out about 14in from they shelves. I have my mains (JBL S38II) placed on the shelves. My s-center speaker is between the 44in gap from the two bookshelves on a shelf. The 3 speakers are exacly the same distance from me to them (they are exacly parallel to the wall). Ok now for the question, my mains are at the same hieght as if they were sitting atop my tv and my center is aprox 14in above the top of my tv. So should I move my center to the yop of my TV and have it ear level but have it 14in closer. Or should I just angle it down from its current placement. I was reading the intruction manual and it says it should be 0-2ft above the mains. Sorry if this is confusing.

Thanks

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Do i need one of those little handheld things? yea I know im stupid but u gotta lear sometime. If i get one how much and will it really benifit that much as I am using my setup 80% Music, 20% DVD/XBOX/TV Etc.

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
Check the Radio Shack Web site for which RS stores in your area stock the various models. There is both an analog (with a standard needle-based scale) and a digital (LCD) version. Neither are usually in stock at their online site, but the RS Web site does show the local stores & stock reasonably well.

Both will work just fine. The analog is $10 less and occasionally goes on sale - the digital model rarely seems to go on sale. I've used a (borrowed) analog model a couple of times and it works just fine. We've recently played with a borrowed digital model and for some things that seemed more fun - just my snotty-nosed opinion and YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks