What's new

Celebrity Boxing is the end of the world. (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It has to be armmegeddon. I only saw the Tonya bout for a laugh, but it was pretty sad to see Paula Jones run for her life, what a joke the Sport of Boxing has become. When's Opening Day?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Dave: The Todd Bridges/Vanilla Ice bout was pretty good, but the Brady/Patridge bout was even sadder than the Paula/Tonya one.
Who says there isn't anything good on TV anymore?:)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Does anybody know if the Mike Tyson vs. Lennox Lewis fight is still on. Now that is something we would all pay to see.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was great...very entertaining! Seeing Paula Jones run scared was hilarious. Good tv :)

David-S

Second Unit
Does anybody know if the Mike Tyson vs. Lennox Lewis fight is still on. Now that is something we would all pay to see.
DC granted the license for the fight, so I'm assuming they'll announce the date soon...

I missed the celebrity boxing (went to the gym and forgot)... who "won"?

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Danny ______________- (don't know his last name) won i nthe 2nd round after knocking out Barry Williams. Rob -Van Winnkle AKA Vinnila Ice got his ass whiped by Todd Bridges by a unnanimus decision and Toyna Harding beat up Paula Jones even though she quit. In the Middle of the third round, Paula said that she quit , and then Toyna gave her a sucker punch between the ears.

Just to let you know, the fights and or outcomes were not predetermined, as this is boxing not the WWF

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was rather funny. Paula went into it so cheerful and smiling, and Tanya just pummeled her. By the end, the look of horror and fear on Paula's face is the same look she probably had when Clinton confronted her in that hotel room.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Best Fight - Bridges vs. Winkle

Worst Fights - Bonaduce(?) vs. Williams, Jones vs. Harding

All Paula Jones did was make like the knights in Monty Python & The Holy Grail...runaway. It was an interesting concept but the advertising on the boxers backs was kind of pushy.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I really liked it and hope there are more shows to come. It was very entertaining and funny.

~T

Tiffany A

Stunt Coordinator
I LMAO thru the whole thing...great entertainment. I found it especially hillarious that Paula Jones has a "special helmet" to protect her gorgeous new face! GREAT COMEDY!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I had it on for about 5 minutes...then realized what I was watching and promptly flipped...hehe.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
what a joke the Sport of Boxing has become
Boxing maybe be a joke to the mainstream audience now, it seems its hip to say boxing is a joke.

But for those that actually follow boxing (Acutal Boxing, that was an attraction last night), boxing is hardly a joke.

Boxing still has some of the best athletes in the world, and the toughest athletes. The boxers always have to preform ALL the time, or all of it is gone. Nothing is guranteed.

Ask Sugar Shane Mosley who was beaten in January.

The fights are still good, you get probaly 5-10 really good fights a year. Its just void in the Heavyweight division, where most of the mainstream audience is paying attention to.

Instead of focusing on fighters like Lewis, Tyson and the circus that is the heavyweight division. Try looking at fights from Shane Mosley, Floyd Mayweather, Marco Antonio Barrera, Bernard Hopkins, Felix Trinidad, Fernado Vargas.

As for boxing this year, a couple of fights of interest besides the Tyson/Lewis.

Jose Luis Castillo vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. April 20 HBO

Fernado Vargas -vs- Oscar De La Hoya May 4 PPV

Kostyz Tszyu vs. Ben Tackie May 18 Showtime

Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Erik Morales II PPV *June 22*

Tnen you probaly have the Mosley/Forrest rematch, winner taking on the winner of Vargas/De La Hoya. And others.

While boxing will always be a spectacle and get alot of criticism especially for things that were on last night (I feel bad, beause I was entertained) there is still alot of good in boxing.

Ray

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Raymond, very well said. I don't follow boxing, but the idea that it's ruined because of last night's show or Tyson's behaviour is silly, and insulting to other professional boxers.

I catch bouts on HBO every so often, and it's great competition.

How can anyone even equate last night with real boxing? That's like saying football is ruined because of the XFL. I'd like to think we're all capable of delineating between professionals and amateurs.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I liken last nights spectacle as like the gladiator match in Monty Python's Life of Brian
GOLIATH:
[pant pant pant] Ooh. Ooh. I-- I think I'm about to have a... cardiac arrest. Ooh. Ooh.
That's what Paula Jones was doing while screaming "My nose, watch the nose, oh my!"
Run around for 3 rounds and collect a paycheck. Keep running from Tonya and you'll do fine!
:)
Jay

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I laughed and laughed and laughed. I couldn't believe how old Greg Brady is. That really shocked me. The guy is almost 50. He looks older than Florence.
I think Danny Bonaduce has some martial arts training, so that fight probably wasn't too fair.
I loved Willis vs. Vanilla (Bi-Polar) Ice. Ice Ice Baby got in a good lick and probably thought he was turning the tables, then Willis put his prison background to work and backed him down. Hey, was that Tank Abbot in Ice's corner?
Paula Jones, what were you thinking? Oh yeah, never mind. It was like she was carrying on a conversation with somebody in the audience. She kept turning her head and looking away.
For the next bouts, how about:
Gary Coleman v. Emmanual (Webster) Lewis
Lynda (Wonder Woman) Carter v. Lyndsey (Bionic Woman) Wagner
Urkel v. Kato Kaelin

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think most actors would pass on these events, the grade z hasbeens thou, who knows

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Stacy, I thought that might have been Tank but I think the commentators referred to him with another name.

~T

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I for one loved this. Watching celebrities wail on eachother is the funniest thing ever.

I want them to do another one, but I want them to keep it in the same style. Fox has a history of overdoing things to the point of it not being good anymore, so I hope they make this like an annual event or something instead of a seasonal show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks