What's new

CD's/TV Shows on DVD question? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Video-Philes:

I've really been impressed with the website tvshowsondvd.com. Everybody there has been first rate in helping people find out about getting their favorite tv shows on dvd.

But I've always wondered is there a similar site for audio-philes for voting and finding out about getting their favorite albums, soundtracks, or even songs that haven't made the digital transfer since when they were first released on 45 rpm records, 33's, 8-tracks, and cassettes. I know. Because I still have a few cassettes and records that haven't come out on CD yet?

Do you guys know of any such websites, where you can vote for your favorite record to come out on CD?

I know this may not be the correct forum to ask, but I thought most of you here would be familiar with Gord and Dave's work on tvshowsondvd.com

Sincerely,

James Smith

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
you should have posted this in the music section.

i cant answer the question though.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I don't know of a catch-all site to find information on music. I suppose the best source is Amazon.com. Generally, if an album is in print, they'll have an entry for it. Often the only source of old albums are imports from Europe and Japan, and Amazon will usually list them if they're available, or if they've EVER been available. If the entry exists, you can have them notify you if a version does show up.

Unfortunately, the world of music is turning to downloads as a main source, so it's possible that an album would be available in an iTunes or Amazon download and nowhere else. For collectors, that's a sad development, but I've had to bite the bullet for three '60s albums in the Herb Alpert canon that were released through iTunes only.

Hope that helps.

Harry

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
you're better off just getting a turntable that firewires into your computer so you can create your own digital tracks of the records and tapes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks