What's new

CD player. Looking for new one, coupled with 1066. (1 Viewer)

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I recently had a Sony 300 disc megachanger die on me. The remote sensor stopped working and then it was damaged while moving. So, I'm wondering what to do next.
I liked having all of my CD's contained, clean and easily accessable in the changer. I was using a digital input so I could use the processor of my Rotel-1066 and it sounded great.

My question is, how much would I have to spend on a CD player to improve on the Rotel sound? I know a lot of Rotel owners like to use the Analog inputs which use the processor of the CD player over the Rotel's. What do members on the board here own?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I have the 1066, a sony 300 CD jukebox and the Sony 7700 CD/DVD player and IMO the sound differences b/t the Rotel's DAC's and the ones in the 7700 aren't that great. In fact I havne't yet decided which I prefer since there isn't that much difference between them.

Mike_T_

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Sony 9000es SACD/DVD/CD player and tried it with the Analog inputs and could tell a slight difference, however I couldn't tell which one I preferred. And that's a VERY solid machine with audio direct etc. So, I'm thinking I'd have to spend a lot of money to notice a REAL difference. I love having the changer...so I'll most likely get another one. They're only $200..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks