What's new

CD Jukebox that gets CD info off web? (1 Viewer)

Greg_TSL

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sony 400 disc changer, which reads CD text (1 out of 10000 cd's) and allows for the title to be input via keyboard, but I'm wondering if someone makes (or is planning to make) a jukebox with an ethernet connection that will allow for use of the internet CD database to gather the CD info.
TIA

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I'm waiting to buy a CD jukebox for this very feature. Anyone know of a product that does this?

Ammon

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to look at the Kenwood DVD changers. They do have the functionality to automatically name discs (both DVD and CD). However, I am not sure how it works and all the details!

Greg_TSL

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ammon, you were right, Kenwood manufactures a 400 disc DVD/CD player that has the capability to access an internet CD database.
It looks like you will need a PC or their own Entre system to connect to the net, but thats fine for me.
It has progressive scan on the DVD part, so I'm going to go see what I can find about the video performance of this unit.
Here's a link:
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...ductTypeId=25#
Thanks again,
Greg

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Greg, I see that the Kenwood link you provided is for the DV-5050M. For another $400, you could get the DV-5900M, which adds DVD-Audio. I don't know if there are other differences between the '5050M and '5900M. For more information on both players, check out these links:
DV-5050M
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...V5050M&o=m&a=0
DV-5900M
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...V5900M&o=m&a=0
Kenwood Sovereign DVD changers get good reviews for video quality. For one thing, they don't show the chroma bug. I don't know how they rate on the audio side.

Greg_TSL

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, thats cool, you would think Sony would do more to get the word out that that exists....Now that I've been checking out the Kenwood 5900m I'm quite impressed with its reviews and am seriously considering it. Only problem is I'll need to find a 6 channel analog audio switcher since I have a SACD player and the 5900m is DVD-A capable.
Or maybe I'll just pretend its not DVD-A capable and not worry about it if I buy it.
The only thing I see as a serious problem with the 5900m is that it apparently has no alphabetical DVD sorting, so one would be forced to juggle lots of discs to keep them in Alpha-order :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks