CD Binders to store DVDs - Good idea or Bad?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Paul_Stachniak, May 1, 2004.

1. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I find that I really want to re-watch the X-Files as of late. But I hate having to remove the discs from the packaging because they're so flimsy, and frankly to roll out that Digipac can be a hassel as well.

I was thinking of buying a good 100 disc CD Binder and store them all there, that way I would have easy access to that show as well as others. However, I know DVDs are much more sensitive to scratches, and Binders do seem like they can cause problems. So I'm wondering if any of you here use such a solution? Has anyone had problems using them? Or are they a good storage solution?

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Living in a dorm as long as I have, I am greatful for the binders, if I had to store all my DVDs using another method I'd have to move my bed in to the hall. I've never really had an issue with DBDs in binders getting overly scratched up, I'd say its worth a shot.

3. Paul_Stachniak

That's not 'overly' comferting.

4. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I worded that poorly, so I will try again.

I keep some DVDs in binders and others in Keep cases, and I don't think the ones being kept in the binders are subject to being scratched more than the ones in the keep cases simply because they're in binders. Meaning that as far as I can tell the condition of the DVDs kept in the case and those kept in the binders is the same.

5. Paul_Stachniak

Nice. Well that gives me hope.

6. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

That's how I do it, and apparently my Case Logic binder prevents scratches, so look for that on the binder specs.