What's new

CC will be carrying Sony ES (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I was just informed by my manager the other day that we will soon be seeing the arrival of Sony ES gear in our store. At first I thought he was just screwing with me because all my friends at work know I like the ES line & Im pretty stuck on Sony. But he reassured me that we would in fact be getting it. Right now he was not sure just what we would be getting, but I would imagine it will be some of the lower model receivers & such. Upon thinking about it it dose seam like something was going on because we have been getting Sony reps coming in quite a bit lately, at least once or twice a month. Compared to seeing them once every 6 months to a year. And Sony is floodind us with new products compared to recent years.
I don't know much about it right now but I will post back as soon as I hear anything else. Just thought some of you might find this interesting news.

Mark All

Second Unit
If this works out nationwide, this is major news and a great sign for Circuit City. Truthfully, the equipment I've seen in their stores lately has been pathetic with only a few exceptions. The stores in my area cut off Harman Kardon receivers with the 525 and that's the best they offer so for me there hasn't been any point in even going there to look at any electronics for some time.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
This is very good news, but I too suspect that Circuit City will focus on the lower-end ES components. I don't see Circuit City getting in the 'XA777ES. ;) Still, Circuit City has stocked some of the better Harman/Kardon and Onkyo receivers in recent years, so I will be curious to see which ES components they get.

Joe said:

Upon thinking about it it dose seam like something was going on because we have been getting Sony reps coming in quite a bit lately
Maybe you could to speak to the Sony reps. about Circuit City's stock of SACDs. Sorry, but Best Buy is still stocking far more titles, at least in my area. Circuit City rarely gets in a new SACD. ;)

Sorry for the thread crap. Couldn't resist. :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
One more thing about Circuit City and Sony ES. Let's remember that Sony's lower-end ES receivers from this generation and the last one are really DB models fitted with the ES name. I suspect that this was a strategic move by Sony -- bring the ES line to the masses through the addition of lower-priced models. It looks to be working. Who would have thought that the "Elevated Standard" name would be thrown around Circuit City?

Oh, and the AVD-S50ES and 'C70ES all-in-one units are more Circuit City style than a lot of the higher-end components that Sony has turned out through the ES line in the past. Hopefully Sony isn't going to go too far in bringing the ES line to the masses.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Keith, I do beleve we are supposed to start getting more SACD titles, but I will be sure to ask about it next time I see our rep.
And myself I have mixed feelings about us getting ES. I like the idea just for the fact that I like Sony's ES line. But at the same time I feel like they are cheapening the ES line by doing so. I hope it all works out for the better & I would like to see them carry at least one of the better models in the ES line up but I'm thinking that it will be just the bottom line stuff.
Well see what happens.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
That is good news & it will be interesting to see which models of ES you get in. I think Sony is on a real tear now because Samsung is beating their brains out & Sony's stock has been going down the drain. As for having more reps from Sony in the store if it's anything like other retail products their usually looking to see how their stuff is displayed especially if they have paid CC for display space or shelf placement & etc promote their stuff.

JackS

Supporting Actor
If CC is going to become an authorized ES dealer, I would think that any ES product could be ordered through them even if they only carry the lower end. I'm sure you could probably Special Order an SCD-1 if you were willing to wait and pay full retail.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Jack, that is the unfortunate thing about CC. As an employe we can get a few things that we don't normally carry in the stores. But for the general public we can only get items that we normally stock. believe me I wish they could change that too we have quite a few people ask for items we don't carry or cant get. A good example would be the better model Velodyne subs like the SPL & servo series, & the higher model H/K & Onkyo receivers. Its rare for the most part at the store I'm at to get a request like that but it would be nice to do it if we could.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
It could be a step in the right direction. There hasn't been an ES dealer in this town for 2 years now. CC hasn't had a good selection of audio equipment since they used to be called Dixie Hi-Fi IMO. As it stands now, there is nothing, audio-wise, for me to bother to look at in CC...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks