What's new

Directors cast & crew draft (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Dr. Faustus—very close—I love the concept of both films.

And I think that the award for the best review excerpts goes to Accidental Murder. Can you produce a trailer, George?

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
In a recent interview, François Truffaut offered the following about his upcoming film The Grand Expatriates: “When people think of expatriates between the two World Wars, Hemingway immediately comes to mind, and why shouldn’t he? People must remember, however, that Fitzgerald, in addition to being Hemingway’s close friend, was also very much a part of the expatriate community, albeit he ran with a slightly more affluent and cosmopolitan crowd. This superficially gentler or at least superficially less robust milieu of expatriates is reflected in Fitzgerald’s script and in my film.” The acclaimed director went on to say that, “Oliver Reed will most certainly not be playing Hemingway. No, indeed Oliver plays Briand, a large, drunken, bawdy, yet sagacious, Frenchman who fraternizes with the expatriates. Briand, however, is not without his demons, which exist because of his failure to rise to the occasion of his country’s service. Ah, but perhaps I’ve said too much there.” Truffaut concluded the interview speaking about the actors and the crew: “Burt [Lancaster] plays a former American captain and Emma [Thompson] plays a middle class English woman. They play a strong, supportive, warm, and caring couple who gave their all during the War and who continue to give what moral support they can to their tormented English friend, played by Jeremy [Irons]. Jeremy is among the finest actors I’ve worked with, as he has such a strong screen presence, and yet a tremendous vulnerability. Ingrid [Bergman], whose character attempts to hide her German aristocratic roots, is a perfect complement to Jeremy. Well it appears I've said too much yet again. Regardless, Ingrid's character’s icy pride comes across strong initially, but we begin to see her deterioration and self-doubt as her charade falls apart. Of course Fitzgerald’s grand script is responsible for the inexorable humanity of this film, and I have done what I can to bring it to the screen. Stanley [Cortez] has been utterly magnificent throughout the creative process, and his experience and insight have aided the film immeasurably. As for the music, we have just completed the scoring sessions with the Nuremberg Symphony, Miklós’ [Rózsa] favorite ensemble, and allow me to say that he has truly outdone himself on this occasion. Miklós has an innate gift, you know, for creating complex music that is deceptively simple and completely perfect. His musical and dramatic sensibilities are without peer, and he has produced a score that is strong, tender, charming, and tragic.” From Truffaut’s enthusiasm, one can surmise that The Grand Expatriates will be a stellar film.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
[c]FourSides Films
Presents
Martin Scorsese's

Red Light

Written by Ben Hecht
Starring
Humphrey Bogart and Jennifer Jason Leigh
Co-Starring
Kevin Spacey and Catherine Deneuve
With
Robert Forster as the Police Captain
Original Score by Franz Waxman
Director of Photography: James Wong Howe
Directed by Martin Scorsese
[/c]

Synopsis:
An original story involving a police vice detective (Bogart) trying to find a killer (Spacey) with the help of a prostitute (Leigh) while trying to fix his relationship with (Deneuve) and keep his boss (Forster) happy.

Genre: Crime / Film Noir

Black & White

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
[c]SteveGon Presents
A Peaches Production
Starring
Clint Eastwood and Sam Shepard
Co-Starring
Jennifer Lopez and Diane Lane
With
Warren Oates as Lewis Dobbs
In
A Film By Sam Peckinpah

All the Gold in Montana

Photographed by Nestor Almendros
Original Screenplay by Elmore Leonard
Original Score by Elmer Bernstein
Directed by Sam Peckinpah
[/c]

Synopsis:
Clint Eastwood is cattle rancher Hank Dobbs, making a living in late 1800's Montana with his young Mexican wife Ophelia, played by Jennifer Lopez. Staying with them is Lucy (Diane Lane), Hank's daughter from his first marriage. Hank and Ophelia have no children, but they are raising Esteban, the son of Hank's wayward younger brother Lewis (Warren Oates). Lucy is unhappy with her station in life and longs for a life in Europe - a dream fostered by cheap romance novels. She also resents Ophelia and Esteban. One day Lewis shows up with a cache of gold he's stolen from the famous Mexican bandit Mad Carlos. Turns out that Lewis has been riding with Carlos and his gang for some time. Then Lewis discovered that he is seriously ill with only a short time to live. Faced with his own mortality and wracked with guilt over his abandonment of Esteban and the boy's now-dead mother, Lewis has made off with Carlos' gold, intending it for Esteban's future. Soon after Lewis' arrival, Carlos shows up looking for him. Hank is determined to return the gold to Carlos, in the hope of placating him, but the bandit wants more than the return of his loot - he wants Lewis' head on a platter! Hank is determined to not turn over his brother, but he is outnumbered by Carlos and his men. Then Ophelia shows that she is no timid housewife, an act that both fascinates and enrages Carlos. To add to the fray, a posse of Texas Rangers shows up looking for Carlos and company. These Rangers are led by the infamous Levi Jones (Sam Shepard), a lawman who doesn't particularly care if innocents get caught in the crossfire as long as he brings in his man! Meanwhile, Lucy has her own plans for the gold - she sees it as her ticket out of Montana and she is determined to get her way...

Genre: Western

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, I've got sort of a working script, but you'll have to use your imagination to picture it, and hear Hitchcock's voice, speaking slowly...

Good evening. I’m Professor Hitchcock, and this is Murder 101. We’ll be examining different murders hoping to learn how to commit one without getting caught. Let’s begin by examining the scene of the crime. [cut] This is where the first murder took place. Of course, he claimed it was an accident. The police tried to prove it wasn’t an accident, but there was so much blood everywhere that you couldn’t tell what had happened. As a matter of fact, as you can see, they found it easier to just paint the rest of the room red, than to try to clean up the blood. [cut] The second murder took place here. He claimed that this was also an accident, but of course nobody believed him. This time it was particularly gruesome. For example, over here is where they found the…well, perhaps we’d better not get into that. Even the medical examiners couldn’t agree on what it was, and they got into a rather nasty fistfight over it. Let’s consider the murder weapon instead. [cut] [closeup on Hitch holding a selection of particularly vicious looking metal implements with various sharp edges] As you can see, these are very sharp and very dangerous. Only a truly twisted mind would even contemplate using any of these on a fellow human being. But I digress. We were going to talk about the murder weapon. [talking off-stage] Could you return these to my dentist and tell him I’ll have to postpone my appointment? Thank you. [looking again at the camera] Well actually they haven’t found the murder weapon in this case yet. Perhaps we’d better move on to the morgue. [cut] [by two bodies, covered with sheets, with toes sticking out and wearing toe tags] Here we have the victims. I’d show them to you, but they’re not looking their best at the moment. But I can let you in on the secret of who they are. [reading first toe tag] Cary Grant. Hmm. [reading second toe tag] James Stewart. So now you know who the victims are, but perhaps you’re wondering about the motive? Well, I was going to cast one of these two in my new film. With both of them dead, it opened up the way for the killer to star in my film instead. So that’s how Harrison Ford managed to land the lead in my new film… [cut to announcers voice over big title] Alfred Hitchcock’s Accidental Murder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks