What's new

carver 'cube' amp to drive sub? (1 Viewer)

Jim J

Second Unit
I'm not sure if this should go in 'Speakers and Subwoofers' or Receivers/Separates/Amps. Anyway...

Anybody out there using one of those Carver Cube amps to drive your sub? I think they are 200w into 8ohm

I like the idea of the quiet and the form factor.

I have a SVS 20-31CS+, but am interested in any model feedback

tia

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I used a Cube to drive my single 20-39. It puts out like 500wpc@4Ohms. I also blew my driver in the 20-39 using a Cube while listening to TPM DVD pod race. Make sure your driver can handle that much power. I'm now using two channels from a Rotel 1095 ( 300wpc@4Ohms ) to drive my two 20-39 subs. The newer SVS models can handle 500watts I believe and would work very well with the Cube. But, a single 20-31 even properly calibrated would be asking for trouble. The Cube is a quiet and cool running amp and would work for a lot of applications in HT. But bridged it puts out considerable power.

Hope this helps some.

Jim J

Second Unit
Helps a lot, thanks.

I could always use just one channel. I'm getting fine results using a receiver channel now, which I estimate is high 100s into 4ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks