What's new

Car Test DRiving Invitations (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Recently, my wife and I went to this "Mazda Rev It Up" day here in Houston.

Basically what it is is a day or 2 of Mazda Propoganda, where you can test drive various Mazda cars, and this one they would actually let you out on an Autocross type course and really put it to the cars.

I was talking to my friend about this and he got invited to BMW's version of this and Cadilacs as well. both of these had similar type propoganda setups and also a driving course where you could put the variouse cars through there paces. I asked him how he got invited and he said he has no idea, he had never been to a Cadilac dealer before, and he only went to a BMW dealer once, and never bought anything.

So is there anything that someone should do, if they want to get invited to these events. I used to race my car but it gets expensive. It is fun though. And I really enjoyed racing a car that didn't belong to me.

Realize I would never do anything in a car that wasn't mine unless told it was OK, and these Mazda Guys said you can do anything in the car you want as long as you don't wreck it.

Anyway just curiose if anyone else out there gets invited to these things, and how to get on the "list". Oh the Mazda thing I had to fill out a registration form because this one was a little different than the others as it was a nation wide competition.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of test drives, I just received an invitation from GM to do an overnight test drive with any GM vehicle (other than Hummer). They want you to drive it to work, see it in your driveway, etc. While I'm not really in the market for a new car, it might be cool to have a Corvette or Cadillac Escalade for 24 hours! But I can imagine the hard sell the dealer will give me when I turn it in...

Andrej Dolenc

Stunt Coordinator
Weird, I've done one of the BMW ones a few years ago and haven't received an invite. I hear when they're happening thru the local club, but nothing directly from them.

Jason_H

Second Unit
I just got an invitation to a Mercedes event here in Houston in the next few weeks, but I can't make it. I've never stepped foot inside a Mercedes dealer in my life, so I don't know where they got my information (not that I'm complaining).

DavidAM

Second Unit
I was invited and attended the Cadillac one 2 years ago. I think I got invited because I subscribed to Motor Trend at the time and it was sponsored by Motor Trend. I have never been to a Caddy dealer either, but my invitation came from Motor Trend, so I'm pretty sure they got me off of the subcription list.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
So it would appear that subscribing to a magazine helps you get invited. Hmmm well I gues thats not going to be happening.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I just received an invitation from GM to do an overnight test drive with any GM vehicle

That's for (almost) everyone, according to the TV ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks