What's new

car insurance going up, im really worried by how much? (1 Viewer)

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
well im really worried about my car insurance. i've heard that it really goes up when you get a ticket. i got my second speeding ticket in less than two weeks along with a fix it tickets. just a week later from the first one! im currently paying $220 from progressive. my ticket is due at the end of the month so i assume that when it will take in effect.
has anybody here ever had a second ticket that raised your insurance? by how much? i was 20mph over the limit if it helps.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
You may already know this, but just in case here goes.

I'm not sure of CA law but here in Louisiana one is able to take a driving class called "STOP". Basically I had to pay $25 for the class and still pay court costs (the ticket fine was eliminated but the class and court costs ended up being close to the same amount) but it resulted in the the ticket being kept off my record and my insurance company supposedly never knew the ticket happened.

To me it was worth it since it was off my record and it only ate up a Saturday morning and part of the afternoon (8am-1:30pm). We watched tapes and the retired police officer talked about some of the stuff he has seen over the years. And he wasn't the least bit condesending (i.e. alright you criminals; you all deserve prison time, blah blah) and was very personable.

AjayM

Screenwriter
Your insurance generally won't go up until your policy expires and you renew (generally 6 mos or a year). It will depend a lot on when your insurance companies checks your driving record for information, you could go a year or more without them every knowing, or maybe it will hit right away.

Second, hire a traffic attorney. It will cost you more in the short term, but not having points/moving violations on your driving record will pay off big time in the long run. Most of the more popular attorney's won't charge a fee unless they hit certain goals (no points/moving violation on your record), so the risk is really minimal.

Andrew

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
well thats the problem. i got the first ticket a week before the second ticket. im doing traffic school for the first one, but the second is the one thats going to get me. Tickets have to be 18 months apart in order to qualify for traffic school again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks