any way shape or form. But if you power them with a good
clean amp they can produce down into the 40Hz Range with
no problems.
Since I am not driving tons of wattage to my components I
have them all crossed fairly high and I just let the sub
handle everything from 125Hz on down.
Andy F,
Nice observation.. So If I had like 12 15" subs in the back
I wouldn't be cool but rather making up for a small _ _ _ _?
Hmm I guess driving a Corvette puts me in that same list by
your standards.. :D
Just my observation!

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
4. Lastly, as a funny note, I have a 98 Jetta GLX that came with the premium bose system. As a klipsch owner and a memeber of this forum i am against bose as much as the next guy, but the system that came in my car actually sounds pretty good, for a factory system. I am going to replace it mainly from components from my last car, but this system is good enough that i have been able to delay spending money on a new system for almost a year now.
Hey there.

One word of waring about replacing the Bose setup. I have no idea about how the Jetta sound system works but be sure to research this before you make any changes. I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the 1990+ Nissan 300ZX's also had a Bose sound system. The weird thing about this is that each speaker had it's own little amp tied to the speaker itself. The head unit was just that, head unit without an amp at all. So if you wanted to replace the speakers you'd have to replace all the speakers along with the head unit. Total pain in the ass, especially if you blew a speaker you'd have to a replace it with a factory bose one (which of course is never cheap). So, I hope that the Jetta uses a better system then the ZX.

Take care.

- Mike

Andy F

Stunt Coordinator
Brett, The corvette is nothing like 12 subs. People with bass like that are largely doing it so that they look (sound) "cool" to others around them. The corvette i totally agree with. It is a fantastic machine that provides a real experience and can satisfy an obsession much like the one many of us have on this BB. I have a great deal of repect for people who love cars, and act on their obsession. I didn't mean to offend or attack you, and i apologize if that's how you took it.

Mike, thanks for the warning, i know all too well about the difficulties with this system. In my case, the power is supplied by a small 8 channel amp located in the trunk. This means that it is an all or nothing replacement. I can't even use the existing rear speakers, which I would be fine with for a while, without providing an on board crossover as the current crossover is in the bose amp and is inline before the amplification stage.

Donald Shrum

Stunt Coordinator
I am running Monolithic amps, Focal 15" sub, Dyne Audio *", 4" and tweet. Sounds unreal. Definately a good sounding combo.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks