What's new

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 Competition Thread (1 Viewer)

Ray Warner

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all.

I'm new to the HTF, but the name has been banging around work (B&O) for a long time now, so I figured I'd sign on.

I'm also a pretty serious game collector, and I've always had a soft spot for arcade games - 2D fighters in particular. Given the limitations of the Dreamcast's online capabilities, CvS2 for the Xbox has turned out to be a Godsend.

So, I figured I'd start a thread dealing with that game exclusively, a place for people to post challenges, set up competition, list their favorite teams, point out relevant info, etc.

Poking around the XBL list on the site, it doesn't seem like many people play the game to much of a degree, so maybe this is a failed experiment, but I'll give it a shot anyway, I suppose.

If you're on XBL, don't play CvS2, but have a passing interest in it, I'm always happy to show newbies the ropes. As long-time players can tell you, the game is deceptively deep, and once you get into the swing of things, it's a total blast.

So, greenhorns and vets alike, if you're out there, sound in and put down your two cents!

If anyone wants to pick a fight, I'm on most evenings after 10PM EST, gamertag "DeusJester".

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You may wanna check out www.shoryuken.com, it's the place for the hardcore 2D fighter fans. They recently implemented an APEX ranking system, which ranks players accross the country based on all the wins they've racked up, locally or otherwise. There's also IRC, #capcom on EFNet and from there they'll lead you to a channel strictly for setting up XBL games with someone else.

I still prefer competing in tourneys in person but I can imagine that's not an option for everyone.

Ray Warner

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I know about shoryuken.com. Still, the more lines in the water, the more fish you catch. It's odd, because everywhere I look, CvS2 for Xbox is sold out, but there still seems to be next to nobody online.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Ray, I own CvS2 for Xbox. I don't play that much mostly because I'm scared to lose badly against some of the people on there.

While I don't suck at the game, I'm nowhere near the caliber of some of the players on there. Maybe you and I could get a few games in sometime. I'm a big fan of 2D fighters, moreso than 3D ones.

Ray Warner

Stunt Coordinator
Same here. Virtua Fighter is a favorite, but the hell with Tekken. :D

If you jump online and put in DeusJester, I should be on at some point today (thursday) after 7PM EST. If it says I'm in Tetris Worlds, that's my girlfriend playing. She's commandered my account for that game, but I'm at work most of the time anyway, so I don't care much.

Anyway, I'll look for you tonight. I play console rules only, none of this EO crap, but I'm not amazing at the game or anything, so it should be a good fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks