What's new

Halo 2 Arranged Match for 8PM PST Saturday, Feb 5, 2005! Sign up here! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Good strategies, Martin. When we do get a good sniper (and if you want to use our matches to hone your skills that's fine w/ me) we just need to agree as to what our tactics will be.
Patrick and I are best at the close quarters matches (midship, colossus, foundation--if we can get to the rockets) etc. It's no coincidence that the maps we aren't that good at are the wide open ones where snipers are essential.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Aw shoot, speaking for both black mould (fellow UCLA alum) and myself, Thursday will be rough: UCLA plays Arizona State in basketball @ 7:30PM Pacific time. So we'll try and get on about 6PM PST (9 EST) and can play for about 90 minutes, then we have to cheer our frosh on.

Mould will probably game on Friday but then he has an overseas business trip for a week so it'll just be me next week. Maybe we can try and recruit a sniper since we'll have a spot. :D

And trust me Martin, unless you're doing what masterjam does (i.e. 3 kills vs. 15+ deaths) it won't get annoying. I have played in matches where a shot rang out, and all of the sudden the guy I'm squared off with dies. That is awesome support.

It's funny, the opposition tends to go for masterjam after a while because of his tactics, and a few of us said "use him as bait" as he would get killed by 2-3 guys and then we'd grenade them and kill them.

You guessed it...soon afterwards...he was known not as masterjam...but masterbait... :D

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Carlo, you should report that guy for cheating, the palm tree glich guy. he should still be in your recent player list, just send feedback about him. I remember him saying after the game in the stats lobby, "palm tree! I dont know what your talking about" as his teammates chuckle.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

Huge trouble. It's to the point where if someone wants to play with me, I usually deon't want to. It's just too hard to get used to a smaller screen, especially when you have things happening right next to your section of the screen.

I heard a rumour that the next (or first) downloadable content for Halo 2 will be the rest of hte original levels from Halo. I can't wait to play Sidewinder online.

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Carlo, it was nice playing with you guys last night. I joined you for the last few games. I thought we did all right we the exception of that very last game.

I've made a mental note to stop rushing towards the opponents. This FFA Rumble Pit habit of mine doesn't work well on TS as I think I've ended up running into a group of them few times, dying horrible, screaming death. :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sergey, yep we did well that last stretch of matches. We should have ended on a win except that damned black mould "one more..come on, one more..." :D
Great, another slew of levels where I will be at a disadvantage (not owning H1)! :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Haha, that was the biggest transition for me too when I stopped playing Rumble and went to team.

The first rule of TS is to back up your teammates. Should probably also be the second and third rule too. Don't be "Mav" in Top Gun: don't leave your wingman! ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Martin! My friend who works in a law firm happened to get courtside seats to the UCLA game (a former player under John Wooden is in his law firm, no not one of the famous ones, but he does have at three NCAA rings, and gave my friend his tix), so I had to pick him up from his firm and then went to see UCLA thrash ASU (which was great because it wasn't on TV and our radio announcers are painful to listen to).

Did manage to game 11:30PM PST though but everyone was gone by then. :frowning:

I will be out of town for 2-3 days, so next time I'll be on will be Sunday night at the earliest, probably Monday night is more likely.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I was still on at that time, but about to quit. I think I signed off around 2:40am ET. I was on with a friend and we played our first Team Slayer matches but we mostly got our butts kicked. I led the 4 person team in kills 3 out of 4 times, but I also died way more than I should have. I can see how working with a closer knit team would be a lot of fun.

I played for about 3 hours last night. I tried to work a lot on sniping, throwing grenades and also on beating dudes down with a gun instead of just charging in firing wild.

Sergey M

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Brook,

Since we're practically neighbors :), may be we can hook up for few TS games. I'll send you a friends invite.

RichardK

Second Unit
I'll be on tonight after 10pm central time...Playing in Team Slayer and Big Team Battle...

Gamertag: RICHUT96

Also, how do I get a clan invite? Do I have to be online the same time the clan owner sends the invite? Peace.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Richard, I really thought I sent you a clan invite. Have you checked your "Clan" section (you have to hit RIGHT on the DPAD from the Friends list, there are 3 sections there: Friends, Clan and Recent Players). We have like a dozen outstanding invites for people who never accepted or rejected the clan invite.

I will check tomorrow night when I get back, or if someone else in the HTF clan wants to send RICHUT96 an invite, they can do so (any clanmember can send invites).

RichardK

Second Unit
Carlo, maybe its there and I didnt know where to look before...I will check out your tip the next time I'm online...I dont think I'll be on tonight...The wife wants to go out to a late movie so it'll be past midnight when I get home...maybe tomorrow afternoon? Have Fun! -RICHUT96

BTW, my gamertag stands for: If anyone cares....

RICH, as in Richard
UT, as in University of Texas
96, as in the year I graduated UT...

Peace Out!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I might be on, if only to see if a smaller display helps with the nausea I've been experiencing when playing just about any game. Strange thing is nothing has changed from before, so I'm not sure what's causing it. I finished all of campaign mode on my main display without getting motion sickness. I tried a bit of the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory demo and I was laid out for about 30 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks