What's new

Capcom confirms Resident Evil 1 remake in addition to Resident Evil 0 for Gamecube. (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I just want to hear some of the voices for the RE1 remake. Please oh please, I hope they keep the "master of unlocking" bit and "Wait! Jill! Don't! Open! That door!" =)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Peter_A

Second Unit
It's just to bad that RE games have become kinda stale..... Myself, I haven't played one since #2, and from watching my friends play the newer versions, I haven't been missing much. Sure the newer versions look prettier, but it's still the same basic game.
Now Silent Hill 2, that looks scary!
------------------
Peter
"If rubbin' dirt in your crotch is wrong, hey I don't wanna be right" - Futurama

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Interesting news indeed, wonder how much that cost Nintendo.
Things are finally starting to look a bit better for that purse, I mean cube. :)
Dean

Dan B

Screenwriter
Here are some quotes from Capcom today about why they decided to put the series on the Gamecube. For people who are wondering what the big deal is, the series has sold over 18,000,000 units so far.
"Capcom has a huge amount of faith in Nintendo. Nintendo knows it needs the older demographic, and the basic reason that we've decided to work with Nintendo with this series has nothing to do with Sony at all. It has everything to do with Nintendo. It's about where we see GameCube going.
Heritage-wise, since the glory days of the NES and Super NES, this is simply a continuation of our decision to work closely with Nintendo. Both companies are looking to grow and expand; it was very smart for Capcom to make this decision. More importantly, we believe the GameCube is a machine which will definitely have a five-year life cycle, if not longer. So it will provide the stability needed for the future of the Biohazard series."
quotes found at Link Removed and www.coremagazine.com
-Dan

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Capcom has supported Nintendo up until the N64 (kinda like Square, only Capcom did make a game or two for N64) and is probably supporting them now since they are liking their strategy.
I hope to god they keep just the "Jill! No! Don't...open...that door!"
Nintendo doesn't make kiddie consoles, they just make games that aren't aimed at adults. The N64 had many games aimed at adults or teens, even moreso than ones aimed at little kids. The fact that the games don't have nudity and swearing (well, all but one) makes it a kiddie console? I don't know anyone below the age of 10 who can beat more than half of the games for the N64, and I don't know anyone who has played Banjo-Kazooie or Super Mario 64 and didn't like it.
Resident Evil 1 was pretty good, RE2 had a lot of replay value, Code Veronica was the best overall, and RE3 was more fun than scary. I didn't like RE2 as much because it was mostly puzzle solving, whereas Code Veronica had a twisted storyline, creepy environments, and overall perfect gameplay. The new RE backgrounds on GCN look kick-ass.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Good lord, that looks beyond spooky! I shant be playing this with the lights out! :)
Dan (UK)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I loved playing this game with the lights out. It was what nmade it so much better. I can't wait to play this again.
It looks really good!
I just wish it was Dolby 5.1
frown.gif

Now, that would be GREAT!
------------------

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It will probably be in high def (whatever type the GCN outputs) and will probably have Dolby Surround, which isn't that bad. Maybe not 5.1, but its still good. You're getting superior graphics to the perviously available versions, plus the spookiest experience available, so you shouldn't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks