What's new

Capcom confirms Resident Evil 1 remake in addition to Resident Evil 0 for Gamecube. (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Good news for those wanting more so-called "mature games" on Nintendo's system.
From Link Removed

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
RE0 everyone already knew about. A remake (or REmake) of RE1 is a neat idea, hopefully it will be a TRUE Director's Cut.
Nintendo is not dropping the kiddie style to its games or its rep as a kiddie system, its turning it into a family system (Disney games for kids, FPS for teens, Conker for adults).

JasonK

Supporting Actor
That is great news. Not so much the "remake," but the idea that Nintendo will have more Mature games than their other systems. RE0 sounds interesting, I've been a fan of the series since the first one, and would like to play how it all started.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Capcom releases screenshots and movies of their newly announced Gamecube title, Resident Evil 1. Gamers everywhere soil themselves.
Capcom Biohazard Gamecube page
And Link Removed updates with this quote from Capcom regarding these impressive screens and movies:
In regards to the screenshots and movies below, Capcom noted specifically: "The scenes are not taken from CG movies. They are of actual gameplay running on the GameCube hardware. You will actually be able to play the game with this quality."
-Dan
had to replace soiled clothing
[Edited last by Dan B on September 13, 2001 at 01:10 AM]

Dan B

Screenwriter
Wow...there's more news from Capcom. IGN Cube confirms that the Resident Evil series is now exclusive to Gamecube. The article says that Biohazard 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and Code Veronica are now exclusive to the Gamecube.
Link Removed
-Dan
[Edited last by Dan B on September 13, 2001 at 01:32 AM]

Gary King

Second Unit
Looks nice...
I would expect nothing less from a radiosity solver.
The most annoying thing is that Capcom has spent so much time and effort improving the background detail (the textures are gorgeous) and baking out all the lighting, then they go and ruin it all with the real-time shadows and character lighting.
Hopefully they'll bake out some projected textures for the characters and use a slightly less-static shadow technique. Getting those details right (or at least less wrong - it would be impossible to generate truly 'correct' projected textures) would really improve the visual quality.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I just about wet myself when I saw the video footage of the game......I was gonna get a gamecube but was holding off to save money to build my new PC. That can now wait. I must have this system now.
PS.. The gamers arent the only ones soiling themselves, Im sure Sony and Microsofts heads are spinning!

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
Well...This cinches it for me. If they are going to be releasing great-looking titles like that, I'm definitely getting a Gamecube.
Ian
------------------

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
The Resident Evil series (RE Zero & RE4) are now Gamecube exclusive? Wow!
eek.gif
I guess that is the end of the lame "Gamecube is kiddy" argument.
laugh.gif

[Edited last by Steven_V on September 13, 2001 at 03:46 AM]

paul h

Supporting Actor
Impressive stuff...have to say that i'd changed my mind about getting a GC, apart from Rogue Leader there wasnt much software coming that is to my taste but this is making me think again.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
That little Cube keeps on impressing me more and more. I cannot wait to get one in November. Those pictures and video are absolutely stunning.
eek.gif

-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
This is big news in many ways. Not only does the GC get a BIG boost in gamer support, it also shows just how serious Nintendo is commited to agan becoming the front-runner in videogames again. Not only is this a blow to the X-Box, I believe that this is also a big blow to Sony's ego as well.
This,more than anything announced so for for the "cube", shows me that it won't be only a kiddie system.
The console race just got a LOT tighter.
------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

paul h

Supporting Actor
Definitely a blow to XBox but more so to Sony, will be interesting to see how they react to this. Seems Nintendo have been busy little bees, makes me wonder if they have anything else to pull out of the hat!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I was on the fence about which system I was going to get...PS2 or Gamecube. With Capcom's announcement, I'm starting to lean towards the Cube again. It looks like Nintendo hasn't forsaken us older gamers after all.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Nintendo makes family consoles, not kiddie ones. They have Teen games with blood, adult games with dirty words, and kiddie games from Disney. Its an all around great console company.
Nintendo delivers, again.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who hates games with static, pre-rendered backgrounds? While the RE series had its share of scary moments the control scheme, jerky animation, and pretty but lifeless settings turned me away.
I just downloaded the movie and this version has all those qualities. Blech.
However, according to sales and reviews, I'm virtually alone in that opinion.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
While this is a huge blow to other systems and gamers a like, I will disagree by saying Nintendo is not a kiddie system anymore. RE 2 and Mortal were released on N64 but is and always will be a kiddie system. Exclusives, stupid, just plain stupid!

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
This generation, it's definitely the exclusives that will differentiate the competition. This is a MAJOR coup for the Big "N" -- and it DOES eliminate a lot of the lame "kid system" argument that so many love to use.
This may be a thorn in Sony's side, but it is a crushing blow to Microsoft.
[Edited last by Adam Nixon on September 13, 2001 at 09:09 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks