What's new

Can't get a sub signal with SACD on Philips 962SA (1 Viewer)

Bill Boom

Auditioning
Just got my 962SA DVD player and although the SACD demo disks that came with it sound great, I have been unable to get a signal out of the analog sub channel. I can get a test signal to the sub when in the Speaker Settings menu, plus it decodes Dolby 5.1 soundtracks and sends the LFE signal out just fine. But I've tried every combination of configuration settings I can think of and had no luck with getting a sub signal with SACD playback.

The specs for this player, as well as posts I've found, state unequivocally that SACD bass management is one of its features, but there is absolutely no mention of it in the manual. One post I found said that all speakers must be set to "small" and sub to "on" in speaker settings... that's how I have it configured, but still no sub signal.

Might just have a bum player... I'll be calling Philips, but thought I'd first see if any 962SA owners here could help me out. Thanks,

- Bill

Tim Adams

Grip
Read this thread on the trouble I have had with the 963SA. It is basically the same player with upgraded video processing. I still have to play an SACD through the Direct path through my Denon and let my Denon rreceiver do the bass management. I have no luck at all getting a sub signal using the analog 6 channel output. Good luck!!:frowning:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=130575

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks