What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Canon now hinting that 5D Mk II is coming (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm hoping Canon will announce an upgrade to one of their 400mm L lenses. I'd love a 400mm f/5.6L with image stablization added. I could use the extra reach for wildlife -- right now, I'm using a 1.4x TC on my 70-200mm f/4L IS when needed, which only gets me to 280mm.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't know how I'd read that, but it definitely seems to be a new camera. I guess a mark II 5D is as good a guess as any. Scott, you are dead on about the 400mm f/5.6L. It is a great lens, but it would really benefit from IS.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes, it looks like a very nice camera. I think the video mode is humorous, though. It looks like this will be the next marketing feature to be put on all new dSLRs. I never use the video mode on my wife's point & shoot, so I could not imagine ever wanting the feature on a dSLR.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi guys

My spouse dropped my 5D. It still works but there is now a 3/4 cm crack on the body right near the lense attachment. where can I send it for repair ? It still works, but the crack bothers me a bit.

As an FYI, the lense also got hosed when dropped. The zoom mechanism got jammed and was very hard to turn. I used it for a few days and then "pop" and it has been working flawlessly since.

LMK

thanks!!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Canon Factory Service Center
100 Jamesburg Rd
Jamesburg, NJ 08831
Tel.# (732)521-7007

They can tell you if there is a FSC closer to where you live.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

If it did 24p it would be really good, but since my understanding is that it is limited to 30p it is "not bad."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks