What's new

Canadian Dvd Question (1 Viewer)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
He should just buy the DVDs, scan the cover and photoshop the R rating into a PG-13 rating and print out a new cover. Easy peasy.
Or move out :). By the sounds of it he will be legal age to drink before he can watch an R rated movie.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
If the guy is 17, just WHY can't he watch an R rated film? Why does it need Mummy & Daddy to say it's ok, especially if they "know nothing about movies"?
Bizarre if you ask me. (not that anyone did!)

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
I 100% agree, Richard. What he should do really is stand up for himself and buy whatever the hell he pleases; it's his money, after all. He's not financially able enough to support himself, I don't think. But yeah, his parents are utterly ridiculous when it comes to movies.

The photoshop idea is clever, but the mpaa rating is also printed on the disc itself (except fox, new line, and criterion). you can cover the disc with a paper label, but that looks fake.

Canada seems to be the easiest option. So, judging by your helpful posts, Paramount does print the R, Miramax doesn't, Columbia does, Fox and Warner do, New Line doesn't, MGM and Universal do, and Disney and Touchstone do? I thought Disney owned Miramax, wouldn't that have some impact on Miramax's packaging?

Damn, what a hassle. Is there a website ( a la dvdempire) that has back cover scans of canada dvds?

Thanks,
Nathan

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Canadian discs are often identical to the U.S. ones. Only the packaging is different. At least, that's how Universal's are.

As others have pointed out, Warner, MGM and Fox use identical packaging that lists both ratings in the US and Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks