What's new

Can someone recommned a Ultra Small DVD Player? (1 Viewer)

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for an Ultra Small DVD player that I can take back and forth from place to place. Something that I can just throw into a backpack or briefcase and hook to a TV... it doesn't really need the screen built-on (not a portable player with screen), unless someone knows of a killer cheap one. I wanted to spend around $50-$150. I would like one that has a quiet drive though. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Not sure where you're from, but in Canada, futureshop has a cheap MALATA player (about $60-$70 USD) thats quite tiny (about the width of half a regular DVD player).

Cant post a link yet, my internet is acting screwey, can't go to any other sites but HTF... odd...

Bryan C

Auditioning
They Cyberhome 300 is about 40 bucks at Best Buy and isn't much bigger than a couple paperback novels.

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the slim Malata player is $60cn. So $45usd. It's about half the size of a regular dvd player.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I din't check the size out, but Sony makes a Portable one that's called the "Psyc" & it looks something like a Portable CD Player & is ment for exactly what you want to do with one. The Model Number is DVP-PQ2 & Walt-Mart has it on their Website for $88.74 I also saw Owner Reviews on it at Yahoo Shopping incase you want to check it out & I think it was rated 4 1/2 Stars out of 5. Sony has it listed on their Website for MSRP $89.99 so maybe it can be gotten for under $70.00 or less?

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
There are 3 different versions of the Malata DVP-393. The first is the basic 393. No region-free, no PAL conversion, no progressive scan. The 393A adds progressive scan. Then, there's a 'special' version of the 393A that is region-free and does very good PAL conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks