Can someone recommned a Ultra Small DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by StevenF, Apr 9, 2004.

1. StevenF

StevenF Stunt Coordinator

I am looking for an Ultra Small DVD player that I can take back and forth from place to place. Something that I can just throw into a backpack or briefcase and hook to a TV... it doesn't really need the screen built-on (not a portable player with screen), unless someone knows of a killer cheap one. I wanted to spend around $50-$150. I would like one that has a quiet drive though. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Not sure where you're from, but in Canada, futureshop has a cheap MALATA player (about $60-$70 USD) thats quite tiny (about the width of half a regular DVD player).

Cant post a link yet, my internet is acting screwey, can't go to any other sites but HTF... odd...

3. Bryan C

Bryan C Auditioning

They Cyberhome 300 is about 40 bucks at Best Buy and isn't much bigger than a couple paperback novels.

4. HienD

HienD Stunt Coordinator

Actually, the slim Malata player is $60cn. So $45usd. It's about half the size of a regular dvd player.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I din't check the size out, but Sony makes a Portable one that's called the "Psyc" & it looks something like a Portable CD Player & is ment for exactly what you want to do with one. The Model Number is DVP-PQ2 & Walt-Mart has it on their Website for $88.74 I also saw Owner Reviews on it at Yahoo Shopping incase you want to check it out & I think it was rated 4 1/2 Stars out of 5. Sony has it listed on their Website for MSRP $89.99 so maybe it can be gotten for under $70.00 or less?

6. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

There are 3 different versions of the Malata DVP-393. The first is the basic 393. No region-free, no PAL conversion, no progressive scan. The 393A adds progressive scan. Then, there's a 'special' version of the 393A that is region-free and does very good PAL conversion.