What's new

Can I use service menu to get rid of wavy left side of screen? (1 Viewer)

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, Ive read about how to get into the service menu, and I ordered the service manual for my Sony 27" Wega. What happens only happens with the PS2 when playing games. The left side of the screen is wavy depending on how bright the color is that passes through it. Like for instance in a title shot with clouds going by, the screen kinda bends toward the bright coulds. Kinda see what I am talking about? What feature in the service menu would help with this? It doesnt do it any other time, not when I'm playing a DVD through my PS2 or watching cable. Only when playing games on the PS2. Anyone?

Marc Alexander

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think you need to enter the service menu. Try reducing contrast. Have you set contrast using Video Essentials or AVIA?

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah i have. See, that wouldnt really help though since it only occurs during my sessions of playing PS2 games. It doesnt even happen when watching movies on my PS2. Its very strange. I have no idea what could be wrong. It doesnt do it on any of the other tv's in the house, could be because they are not flat and my wega is??

Leon Van Dongen

Auditioning
Check the contrast levels with the PS 2 on when playing a game. See if the line changes if you decrease the level.
Also, try a different input on your TV (and a different connection type if you can)
------------------

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
I have seen the same problem on several game systems. Yes, you can fix it with the service menu. Heed all the usual warnings when messing with the setup, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks