What's new

Can I take this thing apart? (1 Viewer)

Matt Harwood

Agent
Thanks to the advice on this forum, a few years ago I bought a Toshiba 54" projection widescreen for my home theater and have been very pleased with it. Unfortunately, as cool as the home theater is, I have to move.

Here's my problem: when I built the theater, I had to disassemble the stairs to get it into the basement. The stairs have been subsequently rebuilt and carpeted, making it impossible to get it out the way it came in. Originally I planned on leaving the TV with the house, but the people buying my house have been such jerks during negotiations that I don't want to leave them any perks (plus I don't want to have to buy a new TV if I don't have to). So the Tosh has to come with me.

Is there a way to remove the upper screen from the lower half where the speakers and controls are? I know a lot of guys open up their sets to improve performance, so obviously they can get inside.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Rolando

Screenwriter
what's you model number?

As far as I know Toshiba did not start making CRT RPTVs that can easily be split until their Widescreen line 2-3 years ago.

Unless I am wrong you 54" is a 4:3.

Check your manual if you still have it.

If not look up info on the website or for the manual online once you check the model number.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks