can 2 tv cards coexist

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Len Cheong, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

Can 2 tv cards (same/different brand) coexist so I can watch, say 2 sport shows simultaneously?

2. Robert Garrison

I don't see why not as long as they don't conflist for resources or IRQs. May I ask what cards you are going to use?

3. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

I haven't purchased them yet. I'm wondering if 2 different cards would be better than 2 identical ones.

4. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

Well once upon a time I used to have a hauppauge TV card and a ATI AIW card in the same computer.

And the new AIW cards sepport picture in picture if you have a second card connected.

5. Robert Garrison

If you want to really do it up nice, and your planning on recording stuff as you match it, get hauppage's they have hardware mpeg2 encoders which wont tax your CPU. ATIs rely on software encoding and are asking for trouble.

6. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Yes, they can..

Or, you can just get a card with built in multi-tuners or composites in [​IMG]

7. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

Thanks for the advice, I was going to get ATI cards but may now consider Hauppage. Which cards have two tuners? So you can do PIP then? Any of these have splitscreen PIP instead of one small box within a larger one?