What's new

Cafe in Heat and Pul Fiction the same? (1 Viewer)

DaveZeisler

Agent
OK, I just saw Heat for the first time last night. Early in the movie, after pulling the job for the bonds in the armored car, DeNiro, Kilmer, etc, meet in a cafe to split the take. Was this cafe the same as the "honey bunny" cafe at the opening and end of Pulp Fiction? The decor and location look very similar. Or is that what every cafe in LA looks like? ;) Thanks folks!

(oops, sorry for the typo in the subject heading. Sysops, can you edit for me?)

BarryS

Second Unit
The restaraunt in Pulp Fiction was the Hawthorne Grill (visible in external shots). I'm not sure what the restaraunt was in Heat, but I don't think it's the same one. The restaraunt in Heat has a parking lot, where De Niro takes Waingro with the intention of shooting him.

The Hawthorne Grill, however, is located right on a street corner and has no parking lot. The door leads right onto the street.

Oleg

Auditioning
Heat was shot at the Bob's Big Boy in Burbank (oldest surviving Bob's in CA).

DaveZeisler

Agent
Heat was a well crafted film. Anyone ever seen Manhunter? Made in 1986, its was Mann's interpretation of the Hannibal Lector novel "Red Dragon." Mann uses many of the same people in Manhunter as he does Heat (director of photography and assorted actors come to mind). The look and feel of both movies is very similar. My only beef with Manhunter is the TOTALLY 1980's soundtrack. Very synth heavy (as was Heat at times). I guess its par for the time, but it really takes away from the film itself. A classical score would have been more timeless. I digress.

Thanks for the info on the cafe's, folks. The collective knowledge of HTF cannot be beat. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks