1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Cable Converter

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by HowardGjr, Oct 21, 2002.

1. HowardGjr

HowardGjr Stunt Coordinator

I need help...again.
    Can anyone provide me a link to an analog CATV converter with and s-video and analog audio output that does not include a descrambler?
    I think I need the converter so that I can move all of the a/v sources to the back of my room (25 ft from the TV) with the minimum number of cables possible. If I can't find one, I'll have to rent a set top box from comcast or run long audio cables from my TV to the equipment rack. In this configuration, I'll be running all a/v sources through the prepro at the back of the room.
    Administrator; I wasn't sure where to put this thread. Please move it if you think it belongs in another section.

2. HowardGjr

Never mind! I'm an idiot. I'll just use another VCR.:b

3. HowardGjr

Never mind! I'm an idiot. I'll just use another VCR.

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Well, you DO have to buy a SVHS unit to give you SVideo output. The JVC units have a good reputation.

A better choice would be to buy a Dish PVR system that has SVideo output (and the ability to digitally-record your shows). If you are a DirectTV fan, check out the DirectTivo units.

Good Luck.