What's new

Cable Converter (1 Viewer)

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
I need help...again.
Can anyone provide me a link to an analog CATV converter with and s-video and analog audio output that does not include a descrambler?
I think I need the converter so that I can move all of the a/v sources to the back of my room (25 ft from the TV) with the minimum number of cables possible. If I can't find one, I'll have to rent a set top box from comcast or run long audio cables from my TV to the equipment rack. In this configuration, I'll be running all a/v sources through the prepro at the back of the room.
Administrator; I wasn't sure where to put this thread. Please move it if you think it belongs in another section.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Well, you DO have to buy a SVHS unit to give you SVideo output. The JVC units have a good reputation.

A better choice would be to buy a Dish PVR system that has SVideo output (and the ability to digitally-record your shows). If you are a DirectTV fan, check out the DirectTivo units.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks