cabinet needed

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BrianHo, May 19, 2003.

1. BrianHo

BrianHo Agent

I have all of my home theater system which includes receiver, equalizer, cd player, DVD player, VCR and Satellite receiver sitting on top of my big screen. It doesn't look very good. Anybody know of a nice cabinet for around $200? Any other ideas? I also thought of building a shelf above the big screen.

Brian

2. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

If you live anywhere near an IKEA, they have a nice looking component cabinet with a glass door. It's their KAXAS model-- $69. Very good price for what it looks like. It measures 19-5/8"(W)x19-5/8"(D)x51-1/8"(H) and is described as "dark grey metallic finish and lacquered steel".

Their online catalog is a Flash site, so it's hard to post URLs... but if you go to their online catalog:
    http://www.ikea-usa.com/catalog_onli...al_catalog.asp
    Then choose "wall units media & storage", then "entertainment centers/TV benches", then flip forward to the next page (p.92 of the catalog).

3. BrianHo

BrianHo Agent

I just ordered a Bush Brookfield AD31840. Any thoughts?

4. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

Not really. It's all painted MDF or laminated MDF... It's pretty much all the same. (Couldn't find an AD31840 that Bush makes.... was it a typo for AD31940? The black unit?)