What's new

Bypassing iTunes to transfer photos, music and videos to iPhone (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Are there any options to get pictures, videos and or music from a pc to an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S without going through iTunes. I am not interested in storing my pictures on iCloud and do not want anything stored in iTunes. If there is a good app that will allow me to bypass iTunes then I may just upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S3 to a Apple iPhone 6S.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iTunes iCloud

Turn off unwanted parts of iCloud, such as Photos. Music doesn't go through iCloud at all, unless you're paying for iTunes Match or Apple Music -- which obviously you aren't. iTunes is for local (computer) syncing and does not require iCloud.

If you also don't want to use iTunes for local syncing, I can't help you there.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If I was to get an iPhone I just do not want to have to send pictures, music and movies from my pc through iTunes. I know I can copy photos taken by the smart phone to the pc via the USB cable but I want to be able to take pictures taken by my dslr camera and put some of them on the iPhone if I was to get one. Otherwise I will just get another Android Samsung Galaxy S5 or S6.

There has to be some way to see the pictures folder on a iPhone so you can copy and paste pictures from the pc directly to the iPhone without sending anything through iTunes.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Dave Moritz said:
If I was to get an iPhone I just do not want to have to send pictures, music and movies from my pc through iTunes. I know I can copy photos taken by the smart phone to the pc via the USB cable but I want to be able to take pictures taken by my dslr camera and put some of them on the iPhone if I was to get one. Otherwise I will just get another Android Samsung Galaxy S5 or S6.

There has to be some way to see the pictures folder on a iPhone so you can copy and paste pictures from the pc directly to the iPhone without sending anything through iTunes.
My post above from 5:00 today. That software claims to do what you want with your PC photos.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Although I am not very familiar with it, DoubleTwist will do what you want...I think. While it is designed to work with iTunes I don't believe it requires it. You can also elect to not use its cloud features.

-Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks