What's new

By using existing Bose companion 10 n Bose LS sub woofer, how can i complete a home thtre (1 Viewer)

Ravz

Auditioning
Real Name
Ravi Sahu
Hi.. This question is for home theatre Guru'sI have a wierd situation of having different components.1) i have a Bose Lifestyle 30, series 2 ( player and sub woofer) - Player stopped working for Tape (TV) and CD . Only AUX and FM are working. Even remote is gone now. below are the specshttp://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/Images/owners-guide_Lifestyle-30-series-II-system_AM199736_06_tcm6-56950.pdf2) I have new set of Bose accoustimass 10 speakers only ( which were plugged into above legacy/old lifestyle 30 system) till now.Below is the link of this component.http://www.amazon.com/Acoustimass%C2%AE-Series-entertainment-speaker-system/dp/B000GFPTQYQuestion is - By using above speakers with or without the old sub woofer, how can i complete a home theatre system. My 1st though was Onkyo receiver.Please suggest.

Ravz

Auditioning
Real Name
Ravi Sahu
Yes I have that bass module which is of lifestyle 30 and the companion speakers r connected to this . Since the media player is gone , what should buy to be compatible

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Basically all Bose overpriced garbage systems are "closed". Where almost all other A/V electronics are "open", meaning they are interchangeable and you can mix brands of electronics, TVs, speakers, etc, Bose isn't. If a certain piece dies, you need to find an identical piece on the used market to replace it and hope it doesn't die too. You might find pieces from similar Bose products to replace it that will produce sound, but that doesn't mean it will actually work correctly.

It's generally not worth the trouble and expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks