What's new
World Wide Stereo

Buying the YAMAHA RX-V2300, Is the RS-232 (1 Viewer)

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Port for installs or is it also for future upgrades? Also, is the receiver better in terms of processing than the newer 740 if used as a prepro?
BTW, I am getting the 2300 cheaper than the 740.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Nick,

I haven't heard of Yamaha offering upgrades for their receivers .. I could be wrong though. However, if one were available, then that is what the '232' port would be for. In regards to using your 2300 as a "pre/pro" vs. the 740, I've heard that the 740 has a "newer" sound and a bit different than the Yamaha sound that we know of. I'm not sure how much different it is from the 2300 that you desire to buy, though.

I've tried to get to the Ecoustics.com site so I could look the review up and link it for you - but, their site appears to be down at the moment. :frowning:

Don Barduca

Stunt Coordinator
In regards to using your 2300 as a "pre/pro" vs. the 740, I've heard that the 740 has a "newer" sound and a bit different than the Yamaha sound that we know of
Actually, the "newer" sound started with the _300 lineup. They say Yamaha now sounds less bright than before. Not warm mind you but neutral. [per a European review of the RX-V1300].

NickSP

Supporting Actor
OK, the Yamaha website says the RS-232 port is for custom installs AND future upgrades. I just got back from the store with 2 brand new Yamaha RX-V2300s. I originally planned to buy one for my cousin but decided to buy one for me also. Heck, how could I go wrong at that price?:D
Thanks a lot for the info guys.
Can't wait ntil tonight to set this up as a prepro :emoji_thumbsup:

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Wayne, I purchased these brand new and sealed from the Good Guys in So Cal for $449 each.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
Rob, I got it at the Good Guys, an authorized dealer for $449. I don't know if one is available in Denver but try price matching. If you want, I could even email you a copy of my receipt for price matching.

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
I'd be interested in receiving a copy of the receipt as well. I live in IL and have been hankering for a 2300 on closeout for a long time. Thanks.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
For those who are looking for the Yamaha RXV-2300 at a good price, Ecost has them for $529.00 + shipping and a "handling" fee. It's a bit more than the Good Guys price of $449.00 - but, still better than other retailers. Also, once you add the item to your cart, the price drops to $524.00 instead of $529.00.

Note: I went through a "dry" purchase of this product at the UPS Ground shipping came out to be $53.95 for me and the "handling fee" worked out to be $5.25.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Do you know if Ecost sells grey market goods or US warranteed items?
I was only familiar with their warranty policy on their refurbished gear which was a 90-day warranty. I thought Denon, and Pioneer Elite were the only two manufacturers that were "sticky" when it came to warranty claims and authorized vendors. Maybe, someone more familiar with Yamaha can chime in here and provide some input.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
Nick, I was wondering if you can you email the copy of your receipt. I would love to get that price for the RX-V2300 here in MD.
My email is [email protected]
Thanks a bunch

NickSP

Supporting Actor
To everyone that wanted a copy of the receipt I am sorry I could not email it yesterday as I was tied up in meetings the whole day. I will definitely email everyone this morning.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
I used the reciept that Nick gave me at tweeters to get a price match for the 2300, they couldnt go to $449, but the best they could do is $545. They said their purchasing price is around $500+. So there was no way I could have gotten it for $449. I was originally buying the 1300 for $540, so 2300 for almost the same price was no brainer.
Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks