What's new

Buying Klipsch Speakers online (1 Viewer)

George_Paq

Auditioning
Hey everyone

As I decided to go with Klipsch speakers for my HT I started looking around where I live. After looking around and seeing the prices I went online and only found a couple of sites with klipsch speakers and Denon receivers

First is it wise to make this type of purchase online? I'll be saving approx. about $1500 CDN when it is all said and done (actually just a little more) and if I can I'd rather put that $1500 towards something else for the HT like putting it into my projector/screen budget or something

Also does anyone know of any sites that has klipsch speakers and/or Denon receivers and they ship to Canada (or located in Canada)

Thanks

Peter_James

Stunt Coordinator
Ouch...a Canadian not buying Paradigm? Is this a first?
No, I'm just kidding. Just curious though, I know this is off the topic in this thread, but what did you demo the Klipsch against?

P.J.

George_Paq

Auditioning
lol thats fine yes I'm a Canadian and no Paradigm for me. I actually did a good demo test of Klipsch, Polk Audio, Mirage, and yes Paradigm
The place I demoed at had all the sets of speakers I was looking at on the receiver I wanted (Denon 3803) Anyways when it came to Klipsch and Paradigm I was more impressed with the Klipsch. The Paradigm to me sounded way to quiet at the same volume level when compared to the klipsch. But even that was not what turned me off the Paradigm. The paradigm's to me sounded muddy. Not as crisp or clear as the klipsch. I was happy with the klipsch with all the tests they sounded great from movies to music to gaming :)
Thanks for the links David I checked out Sound Distributors and they look promising I'll also check out the other guys and see where I get the most bang for my buck lol

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Just make sure they're an authorized dealer so you get the factory warranty or check to see if the internet store honors the warranty. Are you going with a Klipsch sub also?

PaulT

Supporting Actor
George, where in Canada are you. London Drugs A/V department carries Klipsch here in the West, and I've gotten excellent deals at least at my local store. Beware the dreaded Brokerage fees of UPS into Canada if you order from the US. As per Frank's post, make sure they are an authorized dealer.
I've had Klipsch for a while and am starting to upgrade to Paradigm :) Be aware that Klipsch are very efficient (sensitivity spec) therefore would sound louder than the Paradigm's at the same volume level. To most ears, louder may seem 'better'.
For the last year I have been happy with the Klipsch Synergy setup (SB2, SC1, SS1, KSW12) except the 'boomy' Sub.
Prices I paid CDN 1 year ago:
KSW12 Sub 535
SB2 Fronts 430 pr
SS1 Surr 450 pr
SC1 Centre 290
If you will be 'saving' 1500 Canadian, are you looking at the R Series Klipsch? I'm moving from Synergy to the Reference Paradigm's so it's a nice jump up for me.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
I ordered my Klipsch RC-7 from sounddistributors.com. They shipped and delivered it as promised.

They did remove the factory serial number label, replacing it with their own. They also provide their own warranty. They provide details about all of this on their website.

CurtisC

Second Unit
I think you will be very happy with your Klipsch,I also found them very detailed,not harsh unless you have weak link.I use the denon 3802,soon to be 03,as pre/pro and would say it is a very good match.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks