What's new

Buy a new receiver now or wait until I can afford new speakers to go along with it? (1 Viewer)

ncwolfpack213

Auditioning
Real Name
Trent
I was given a Bose Acoustimass 6 system with a Yamaha receiver (I can't remember which model) several years ago by a family member. I then bought a set of Bose 701 during college because I wanted them to match the surround system (I have since learned from my mistake). I have been using the surround system for movies and the 701s for music up until recently. For some reason the digital audio on the receiver has gone out and I can no longer do anything but stereo mode.

I have been looking in to replacing the broken receiver over the last couple of weeks and have narrowed it down to the Onkyo TX-SR607 and the Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K (my favorite if I can find a good deal). I am saving for a wedding at the moment and can't afford to by all new speakers along with the receiver but I am planning to in the future.

My question is will either of these receivers work well enough for my current speakers until I can afford to upgrade or should I hold off and wait to do it all at once?var madCapFunc = function() {window.CNET_FULL_FREQCAP='NO';MadCap(1105,'eol','2010.01.10','5','2010.01.08.12.15.45',1,'http://adlog.com.com/adlog/x/r=14409&s=906901&t=2010.01.08.12.15.45&p=2&b=25&site=7&x-err=','http://adimg.cnet.com/Ads/common/dotclear.gif');};var start = new Date().getTime();runMadCap();function runMadCap() { if (window.MadCap) { madCapFunc(); } else if (((new Date().getTime()) - start) < 2000) { setTimeout("runMadCap()",100); }};
dotclear.gif

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Buy everything before you get married....cause afterward it will be harder! :)

Seriously, my advice is don't overspend. If you haven't got the cold hard cash, then don't buy the toys. too many people get into serious debt that way.

Decide whether the amp you get now is going to be good enough for the next ten years or so, because believe me getting married and having kids can cut into the entertainment budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks