What's new

Burner problems??? (1 Viewer)

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
For the last several days I've been having some trouble with DVD burning. I can't figure out if this is a burner problem or a media problem.

When it burns correctly, I get a flashing amber "burn" light on the drive. Lately it's been flashing green several times, then amber for a split second, then repeats. The burn usually gets to about 20 something % finished and locks up or errors out (depending on the program I'm using). This happens every time with every media I've tried (-R +R) except for RW. It will finish an RW burn, but it does the same green, amber light thing and it burns at about 1.5 x regardless of the media.

I've probably gone through about 15 or 20 discs trying to diagnose the problem. Right now I'm leaning towards a bad burner, but wanted other opinions.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I checked up on the point it's locking up and in Nero, it's always hanging at 22%. Another program I've used doesn't show a percentage, just the blocks written, and it seems to always lock up on the same approximate block #. Too, looking at the discs after it hangs, they all seem to have about the same amount of data written on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks