What's new

Bullet Plug RCA's? (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Graham

Stunt Coordinator
After purchasing an S-video cable from Better Cables and being blown away by the results, I decided to look into changing my audio interconnect cables as well. When I looked through Better Cables website I saw that I had a choice between RCA connectors and Bullet Plug RCA connectors. This is the first I've heard of these. I followed the link from their website that discusses the Bullet Plugs but it was too technical for me to grasp. Can someone please explain in layman's terms what the pro's and con's are of these connectors.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I see the Eichman Plug as another alternative to the RCA plug. I had some email exchanges with Woodland some time back asking for clarification on a variety of matters I think including all those distortions he talks about which I can post if anyone's interested. Funny though with all those distortions he talks about you'd think there'd be mention of copper-tellurium barrier distortions. Woodland posted on www.finishing.com about his desires to want to plate gold directly on tellurium-copper. You can read more about it here and draw your own conclusions as to the long term mechanical soundness of that approach. I'd imagine they'll work adequately but I really wouldn't count on them lifting any veils on music or pictures. I think both Christine Aguilera and Britney Spears have already lifted as many veils as are currently allowed under public decency standards :D

Luis C

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin,

I have been evaluating the BetterCables with the Bullet plugs for about 2 weeks now and notwithstanding technical opinions, they do make a slight difference. If nothing else, they are a MUCH better mechanical connection. Well worth the price difference.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
I have found the bullet plugs to be slightly better performing in both Digital and analog audio applications. However I would caution most consumers to avoid them at this time. They are fragile and have a weak strain relief design. If you rarely change or move your cables then go ahead and get them otherwise treat them with kid gloves. They are coming out with a metal barrel which may fix this flaw (IMO).
They are being sold by a lot of the custom cable makers now.
Catcables, Boldercables also offer them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks