Bolder Cables new M-80 IC's with Eichmann Bullet Plug

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian OK, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Brian OK

Brian OK Supporting Actor

If one is looking for a reasonably priced IC, with all the attributes of a "botique" interconnect cable, then look no further than Bolder's new M-80 offering.
    This is on sale the month of November (30% off) at www.boldercables.com
    The Eichmann Bullet RCA's are a curious design... but, all I can say is that I sold off my Harmonic Tech Truth-Link RCA's and went all M-80's. By far, the most musical and accurate IC's I have ever used. Price aside, these are a real deal at the price Wayne is offering this month.
    No, I am not shilling for Bolder (as some may think).
    I was curious about the Eichmann Bullets... www.eichmanncables.com and they "is all that". These RCA's are light (good for less-than beefy RCA inputs found on most mid-fi gear), bass "accurate" (i.e. excellent bass), airy, neutral, and very smooth. Just no strain here folks. And , if these don't float your boat... send them back... but look for a dry dock for repairs too, IMHO.
    BTW, these are a new design ... with Bolder's proprietary unique assembly... and meticulous hand-work, I should add. No gimmicks here.... just a great bang for the dollar. The HT Truth-Links, BTW, are $250. a mtr pair... and for those still wondering what the point of my thread is... the M-80, on special, is $105., or so, for a mtr pair.
    My point is these are a STEAL !!!!!!!!!!
    EDIT>>>>
    But, I must edit, as these are a truly unique design-- meaning, that you will not see these Eichmann RCA's used by 95% of the cable manufacturers. The simple reason being that the RCA design does not lend itself for the consumer market--i.e. users who tends to "pull and yank" IC's from the cable itself. The Eichmann MUST be removed by the collar, gently.
    A read at AA will reveal the subtle characteristics of this IC. A low capacitance design has a price.
    But I will temper my thread some.....imho/ymmv/system- dependent/synergistically relational................ ;^) ...
    BOK

2. Brian OK

A little more about my belief that one may not see these Eichmann RCA plugs offered by many cable manufacturers.

The issue arises with the solder platform inherent with the Eichmann RCA. Being a "minimalist" design by Eichmann, these RCA's do not offer an easy strain relief design(easily found with brass-gold/rhodium, etc.. "heavy metal jewelry" plated RCA designs employed with all manufacturers).

One tugs the actual cable of an Eichmann RCA by the actual cable (as many consumer users do) and you could easily break the solder joint. Simple as that. BTW, never remove your RCA's by pulling the cable itself (like ... "damn, I can't reach around to remove this RCA... so I'm just going to pull the cable a foot away from the actual RCA/input connection itself". I myself learned this the hard way. Pulled out the RCA jacket altogether... and had to re-insert the jacket with an "insert-twist" motion to get it seated again. Not ideal, in any case.

But that aside, these Eichmann RCA's are a tight fit, lightweight, and just musical as heck. I recommend them highly - with a Bolder M-80 in between.

BOK

3. Brian OK

Well, I placed an order tonight for Bolder's Digital cable to replace my Acoustic Zen Silver Photon Digital coax.

This should be fun.

The Bolder digital has the Eichmann RCA's, as well as an additional capacitor to offset EMI/RFI.

I also ordered up another pair of M-80's (.75 meter) to round out my all external amp connections-- Yam DSP-A1 preouts to four nOrh Le Amps and a stray Marantz MA6100. These are all monoblock amps. I also plan on using one of my leftover 1.5m M-80 IC's to replace an older Bolder sub cable (a very nice Belden 89259 with Cardas RCA's sub cable)

Was listening to Billy Idol's VHI 'storytellers' (DVD-dts track) tonight and the disc is excellent. The 'Dancing with Myself' track was especially nice ;^)

hmmmm... a new digital coax design...with Eichmann RCA's

Can't wait.

I will keep you posted, as the "all digital cables are the same" thinking is always a treadworn theme around here. Theory aside, I look forward to actually listening.

I suspect I may be selling my AZ Silver Photon digital coax and the 2 meter Bolder/89259/Cardas RCA's sub cable so feel free to contact me. Will be priced to sell.

BOK

4. HankB

HankB Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't trust any place that tries to sell:

A BOLDER Cable Company design utilizing a proprietary amalganate of copper, silver and Teflon/air dialectrics. This interconnect really injects new life in your music system. We now improve upon the standard NITRO by adding a Bybee Quantum Purifier to the cable. This will lower the noise floor even further and make a great cable even more musical.

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

how much noise was there before the purifier? i didn't see anything at their site.

6. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

7. Brian OK

Hank,

Your comments reference Bolder's Nitro IC, not the topic of my post at all. I was referencing the M-80. But, you knew that, and were just being clear that you have unwittingly saved yourself hundreds of dollars. Correct ?

Cool, buy some software.

BOK

8. Brian OK

Chu,

always the magnum PI of the audio world. No site related specifics about the Bybee ? email jackbybee.. he might be able to help.
    again, what does this have to do about the Eichmann Plug and Bolder's new M-80. beats me....... snif, snif

BOK

9. Brian OK

Doug,

I am unable to even load your quantum site... must be the busy holiday traffic. Who knows. Tried the HD link too. ?
    Yes, I knew Steve @empirical sold the Emann plug, as did I know BC did too. I did not know you did however... thanks for the heads up.
    I chose the Bolder for a few reasons... not just on price.... which is pretty damn good THIS month. I bought it primarily for the reasons which I will explain at the end.
    I traded emails with Wayne before I ordered any Eichmann cable from him, and that was after reading numerous threads about this IC at AA for months. And at Harmonic Discord as well, where you have a prescence.
    I am a hobbyist first of all. Mostly HT. My Bolder/Eichmann thread was to elicit possible feedback, and, as a hobbyist, to at least possibly open a few ears and eyes to a new RCA plug, which, IMO, kicks ass over the same old brass/gold plated stuff which is the common offering.
    I am not suppossing to be anything other than an HT enthusiest who wishes to maximize his systems capabilities.
    You, on the other hand are a merchant, seemingly purusing this site for sales/feedback/opportunities. That is fine.

If I had started this thread stating that my Eichmann Bullet was between a LEX cable, would you have charged in ? I doubt it.
    I kept this thread going so as to "bump" the awareness that there was a very impressive RCA available. If one wishes to buy Eichmann Plugs on empirical wire, your wire, BC's wire, or Bolder's wire, I could not friggin care less.
    I bought the Bolder cable because his design is solid, tried, true, and he cooks the cables for 48 hours before he ships. He ships them in a static free bag .... and, the cables simply sound , oh, hell, f...... excellent. Need more evidence ?
    I would recommend you purchase a cooker, IMO, as that is a factor in a buyers decision. My opinion, of course, but Steve @empirical appears to have done just that last week.

Besides, all this, what are your opinions on the Eichmann ?

That really was the point of this thread.... I simply inserted Bolder in between and it , rubbed some ......

BTW, Idol's DWM, is not that good , but it seems to have worked ;^)

BOK

10. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Brian, with all due respect, that mention of Quantum was the first time I have mentioned a company or cable of mine here this year to my knowledge and I did add a disclaimer that it was to prove a point just as you added a disclaimer that you were "not shilling". So, am I here only to promote my company? I could give you my sales numbers for the week that I think have all resulted outside the membership of this forum. But lets just say I am busy, very busy.

I've posted at various forums for years, moderated at 3 different ones as well, including my own forum. But I do like to get out and see what's happening at other places, and yes, cable sections do have a place in my time as a learning and teaching experience, just as you will find me here, you will also find me at AA answering the occasional question, not for a sale, but to actually help people! At least I think my insight into cables is welcome here. I've been emailed by one person this week, thanking me for my participation in a thread. So, I guess at least one person is glad I drop in here.

The site of mine you tried does appear to be ok now, perhaps you tried it at a time when there was a temporary glitch. What were you typing in? Email me if you want clarification of the URL.

Hey, your happy with the cables you bought, great. All I did was say, hey, there's plenty of Bullets out there, contrary to how your thread read. I am taking nothing away from anyone, just clarifying that point.

FYI, I have owned an AudioDharma Cable cooker for over a year. As to my opinion of Eichmann, I will that would be better served in a more generic thread.
    Lex

11. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Jack's only put out information about quantum effects and superconductivity. Far as I know the only thing he's ever said is that the effects are unmeasureable hence my question since I figured maybe something'd changed. Good luck with them [​IMG]

12. Brian OK

Lex,

That's great , you own a Dharma cooker... do you actually cook you cables, advertise that you cook them on your website, even make it clear that numerous hours of cooking is placed on the cables as part of your cable preparation prior to the sale?
    Personally, IME, I would NEVER, EVER, buy a "pure" silver cable if it was not put on a cable cooker for at LEAST 48 hours straight (about equel to straight music .. 24/7 for 2 weeks). I think Bob Crump has made this issue crystal clear. As you are aware, Bob cooks his cables for 30 days (straight/30 days -24/7) before he slips them in his static free bag. He KNOWS silver cable. One could birth, raise, and send to college, a child before a silver cable broke in.........

But I digress.

BOK

13. Brian OK

Chu,

I personally don't own the Bybee filters , in any configuration or application, as they are expensive as hell.

I certainly would not have first hand experience in this case. Users say they impress. Perhaps some day. It's a guess from my view. From what I have read, I suspect Jack Bybee cannot even explain what he developed... a true audio connundrum....., honestly, Bybee can't put his own finger on it... but the device preserves/captures some audio nuance which intrigues.... go figure..

hey, I kinda like the magnum/audioPI... whatcha' think ?

Enjoy your day with family and friends,

BOK

14. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Cook em too long and you'll get this
    [​IMG]
    Truly Brian, the best on what's my favorite holiday of the year [​IMG]

15. Brian OK

LOL...... I like that toon a lot

Have a great day

BOK

16. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

This is what can happen if you let your kids cook the cables or if you overcook them...remember Emeril says just cook them 'al-dente'
    [​IMG]