What's new

Building a New Home with a HT (1 Viewer)

VinceT

Auditioning
Hello,
I am new to the board and wanted to get some information on what should go into a new home theater. I am building a new home and have opted to have a HT built by the builder. What I want to know is what type of wiring I should ensure they install for the best quality. Also any info on components that would not put me in the poor house would also be appreciated. Also should I go wide screen or projector? Thanks in advance
[Edited last by VinceT on August 15, 2001 at 01:53 PM]

Howard_A

Stunt Coordinator
I built a new home with a home theater in the plans from day one. You can check out what I did at
Link Removed

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
You _really_ want to define what you consider reasonable in terms of price. Some of us consider a MSRP in the $15-$20K range a nice starting point; other people would call 1/10th that excessive; and some people wouldn't blink at substantially more.
You also want to decide whether the room will be used for music too, which IMHO mandates substantially higher quality (and price) in the audio chain.
You need to figure out what used gear is acceptable (electronics are probably good, while some speakers are likely to have been used as scratching posts).
Finally, you'll need to decide where convienance and spousal acceptance come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks