What's new

Bugs in your ramen (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Wow Jon...that's gross! Hmm, but I'm sure you got your
"minimum daily protein requirement" that night. :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Ok I need to add to this gross fest. This has nothing to do with bugs. Anyway, I was about 14 and we must have been at the cabin for a couple of weeks. We came back home in town and I decided I was thirsty. I had a real bad habit of drinking right out of the carton of milk. Didn't even smell it...

Now where's that pukey smiley when you need it?

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
This is pretty disgusting, but here goes...
When my wife and I were dating, we cooked up a real nice stew. Mind you - we heeded the warning to cook it real well, all the way through. There wasn't even a touch of red or pink in the meat. All thoroughly glutinous mass :D
Well, we went to visit a friend, and left it to cool a bit - it had just finished cooking, and I did not want to put it in the fridge. Put the top on it, a nice, heavy, tight lid.
We got stuck, and for a variety of reasons, did not make it back for a week.
When I went in, the first thing I checked on was the pot. Again, mind you, it was *thoroughly* cooked.
I ordered my gf out of the kitchen. Then I carefully picked up the pot, took it downstairs, and dumped it, contents and pot, into the nearest dumpster.
Why? Because it was literally crawling. Most disgusting sight I have ever seen in my life. I ate salads for a week after that...
So, cooking don't ALWAYS do it!
Mike

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
:laugh:
Thats pretty disgusting Mike, but I think I would rather deal with that though than having mold-in-the-milk sliding down my throat....

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Michael - yes, I would agree! Kinda like munching on bread only to come find out it has these lovely blue-green spots on it... :D
Only thing about that story - the meal was fully - and I mean FULLY - cooked! So even cooking doesn't hack it all the time...
Mike

Julie K

Screenwriter
Mike,
I am sure that if you had eaten that stew right after it was cooked, you would have been fine. I'm sure that there was nothing in there that isn't in the food we eat every day. The only problem in your case was the time and temperatures involved that allowed whatever nasties were in there, or got in afterwards since I'll bet you didn't have an airtight cover, to breed out of control.
But I'll edit my previous statement: If you cook something thoroughly and eat it within a reasonable time frame then you'll be fine.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
so i'm at work, near the coffee station. i often bring the quaker instant oats to work and use the hot water from the coffee machine to make the cereal.
as i open the package, i notice something odd. the part i ripped off had this stringy stuff all over it. it looked like spider-webs. little bits of wheat are sticking to it. and there are these white "eggy" looking things clinging on it too.
i said WTF!
upon further investigation into the main package, i noticed some furry, winged insect moving around. i almost freaked out (i guess i have a very minor bug-phobia)! :)
anyway, i would have screamed except there were a couple of women standing nearby.
yuck...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks