Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Looks like Angel Season 1 is out on December 10th for R2/
Doesn't look like it is widescreen though
Hope this changes for the R1 release
By the way, does anyone know who the commentaries are by for the Buffy S3 box (Bad Girls, Consequences, Earshot + 1 other).

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
S3 Commentaries should be as follows...
1)Consequences - Marti Noxon (Writer)
2)Helpless - David Fury (Writer)
3)Bad Girls - Douglas Petrie (writer)
4)Earshot - Jane Espenson (Writer)
Looks like no Joss commentary this time. I had such high expectations! If Fox reads this thread - Get more Commentaries on these disks! Joss should have at least done the premier or the Graduation Day 1 & 2. And I really wanted a commentary for a more off-beat episode like 'Band Candy' or 'The Wish' with the cast! More Commentaries for R1, FOX!
JQ

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I read that he was framing the season 4, 5 episodes for widescreen? I saw one and it looked really good...but I only got to see the one.
frown.gif

I guess I wouldn't mind it if he framed the show for 4:3, but if it was cropped and he didn't want it to be then I would be mad...BRING ON BUFFY TO DVD!
And I saw a prevue for WFLD and they are playing one a week on saturdays....

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
As I don't wish for this thread to get tooo far off topic, so I will make it short and sweet...
This Malata played all RCE dusc I have without a hitch.
It played Matrix, Abyss, Terminator 2, Stargate, and CRASH without a hitch. Only did CRASH exhibit a slight pause at the branching.
It even played the KALIFORNIA problem disc from polygram.
I can finally enjoy the Jackie Chan flicks in uncut and proper ratio. I also can't tell you have GREAT it is to get the films that I want. Being completely region free is a GREAT advantage and also being progressive......
I can't tell you enough what this player bring to my HT.
Dugger

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Robert:
Seasons 4 and up are PROTECTED for 16:9, but composed for 4:3. Most shows of this type are framed for 16:9, but protected for 4:3. Joss prefers that ratio for television. David Greenwalt controls that aspect of Angel, which is why it's going widescreen this year. Frankly, I wish Joss would change his mind, but we must respect the wishes of Our Lord Whedon
Jeff "High Priest o'Joss" Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks