What's new

Buena Vista - Atlantis specs (1 Viewer)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
It's strange that te Special Edition DTS track will be only 5.1 when the DD track is 5.1 EX.
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
This is a little OT, but what the heck...why did the DVDFile review refer to Atlantis as "ill-fated"? I didn't see it in the theater; is it a bad movie?
------------------
Link Removed

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Scott,
I think dvdfile meant ill-fated at the box office. As far as I'm aware it pretty much bombed (at least compared to other animated Disney titles). I haven't seen the movie yet (still hasn't started here in Germany), so I can't wait to get the 2 disc set.
Chris

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
Or they could be talking about Atlantis itself. It did end up destroyed after all!
confused.gif

------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Atlantis made a decent showing at the box-office, but was apparently very expensive to produce. It was kind of in the same boat as Dinosaur & Emperor's New Groove. I'm sure that they have all wound up in the black due to merchandising, video, etc., but they were not runaway successes like Toy Story 2 or even Tarzan.
I though Atlantis was pretty entertaining although it stumbles somewhat through its final act. It was strange how many similarities it shared with the plot of Tian AE, but I found Atlantis to be overall a more enjoyable film.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks