Brute Force Delayed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Manojlovich, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

Brute Force delayed, so say IGN.

A Microsoft spokesperson issued this statement:

"Our philosophy at Microsoft Game Studios has always been to only releases titles when they are ready to provide the best possible experience for gamers. Brute Force is going to be an incredible shooter game worthy of the great action games Xbox has become known for. However, we've made the decision to take a little more time and make sure the single player campaign and multiplayer is perfect (including evaluating some new features users have been requesting). We are planning to ship Brute Force early next year. This game is going to rock."

Quite a few delays from MS first party. Midtown Madness3, Crimson Skies, Kung Fu Chaos, and now Brute Force. Also Raven Shield has been delayed till next year as well. Looks like this fall will be a Sega and ex-Sega show on the xbox with Blinx, Toe Jam and Earl, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Shenmue 2. Oh, and I nearly forgot, a little game called Splinter Cell.

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

3. Travis Kolesar

Travis Kolesar Second Unit

4. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I really hope this delay allows MS to add support for XBox Live. If there is a game which screams for online support, Brute Force would be it.

5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Kind of takes some steam out of the "Microsoft will crack the whip on Rare" rumors doesn't it? [​IMG]
    Anyway, I agree that a delay like this is a good thing. Hopefully makes Brute Force a better game and it's one less game I'll have to afford in the near future [​IMG]

6. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

7. BrianS

BrianS Stunt Coordinator

Not only Xbox Live but I also hope they are working on using the system link if they did not originally plan on it.

8. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

This game screams XBL and they need something to counter SOCOM (I'm sure Ghost Recon will be great, but something original would be even more fantastic).

But I bet they'd announce that as a reason for delay, don't you think?

9. Travis Kolesar

Travis Kolesar Second Unit

the delay probably isn't anywhere near long enough to add and properly test support for xbox live if it wasn't origianlly included...