What's new

Brute Force Delayed (1 Viewer)

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Brute Force delayed, so say IGN.

A Microsoft spokesperson issued this statement:

"Our philosophy at Microsoft Game Studios has always been to only releases titles when they are ready to provide the best possible experience for gamers. Brute Force is going to be an incredible shooter game worthy of the great action games Xbox has become known for. However, we've made the decision to take a little more time and make sure the single player campaign and multiplayer is perfect (including evaluating some new features users have been requesting). We are planning to ship Brute Force early next year. This game is going to rock."

Quite a few delays from MS first party. Midtown Madness3, Crimson Skies, Kung Fu Chaos, and now Brute Force. Also Raven Shield has been delayed till next year as well. Looks like this fall will be a Sega and ex-Sega show on the xbox with Blinx, Toe Jam and Earl, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Shenmue 2. Oh, and I nearly forgot, a little game called Splinter Cell.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Looks like this fall will be a Sega and ex-Sega show on the xbox with Blinx, Toe Jam and Earl, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Shenmue 2. Oh, and I nearly forgot, a little game called Splinter Cell.
Fear not Peter, there is more than that coming. There was a thread recently hoping for some game delays. Some lists were thrown out. I'll copy and paste from that thread:
10/29 - Unreal Championship
11/1 - Dead or Alive Extreme Volleyball
/17: Quantum Redshift
9/24 Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (Universal)**
10/1: Hitman 2 Silent Asssasin
10/8: Blinx The Timesweeper
10/10 Fatal Frame**
10/15: Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance**
10/20: BloodRayne**
10/22: Toe Jam and Earl 3
10/29: Medal of Honor Frontline*
10/29: House of the Dead 3
11/1: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast**
11/1: Marvel Vs Capcom 2**
11/1 Serious Sam Gold**
11/5 Superman Man of Steel
11/5: Xbox Live Starter Kit
11/5: Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance**
11/5: Gothic (Morrowind like RPG)**
11/5 Ghost Recon Xbox
11/12: Mech Assault
11/12: Splinter Cell
11/19: Panzer Dragoon Orta
11/22: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance**
12/1: Steel Battallion
**Multiplatform release. Either has been released or is due to be released on another platform.
Take into account the PS2 list and Gamecube list (A ton of games are coming for both.) and this is one multi-platform owner that finds this announcement a bit relieving:).
As much as I want to play Brute Force, I thank the lord thats one less game I have to buy this holiday season. Even more important is that the game is released as the best game it can possibly be. If a delay is necessary for that to happen. So be it.

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
As much as I want to play Brute Force, I thank the lord thats one less game I have to buy this holiday season. Even more important is that the game is released as the best game it can possibly be. If a delay is necessary for that to happen. So be it.
I completely agree with you on that. It's going to be a rather expensive fall, between DVDs and games that are must purchase items for me. Steel Battalion (if it makes it out before years end) will be bad enough, but tack on all the xbox live items and the other great games coming out, and it makes my wallet weep.

I'm also very happy that MS would rather delay than rush a less than finished product to the market. Wish their PC division felt the same way.

James St

Supporting Actor
I really hope this delay allows MS to add support for XBox Live. If there is a game which screams for online support, Brute Force would be it.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Kind of takes some steam out of the "Microsoft will crack the whip on Rare" rumors doesn't it? :)
Anyway, I agree that a delay like this is a good thing. Hopefully makes Brute Force a better game and it's one less game I'll have to afford in the near future :)

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I really hope this delay allows MS to add support for XBox Live. If there is a game which screams for online support, Brute Force would be it.
This would be great if this was one of the reasons for the delay. With so many games coming available I think I will initially only be buying games that are XBOX Live compatible (the exception being Splinter Cell).

Chris

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
Not only Xbox Live but I also hope they are working on using the system link if they did not originally plan on it.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
This game screams XBL and they need something to counter SOCOM (I'm sure Ghost Recon will be great, but something original would be even more fantastic).

But I bet they'd announce that as a reason for delay, don't you think?

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
the delay probably isn't anywhere near long enough to add and properly test support for xbox live if it wasn't origianlly included...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks