What's new

:cries: Panzer Dragoon Orta reportedly delayed (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
...at least according to Link Removed.
Panzer Dragoon Orta Delayed
Friday, September 13, 17:33 | Talon |
Don’t kill the messenger, it’s a saying that really should be taken to heart today as we’ve received word from Sega that Panzer Dragoon Orta has been pushed back. Initially slated for release in November, the game was pushed back to January 2003. The reason behind this shocking move was that Sega wants to continue to add content to the game and, sufficed to say, this is something they couldn’t do with if they’d stuck to the November release. The official word is below.
"SEGA decided to delay the release of 'Panzer Dragoon ORTA' in order to continue adding innovative features and content to the game and its stunning back story," said Mike Fischer, vice president, entertainment marketing, SEGA of America.
Expect more news on PDO as its release draws closer.

Damien

Supporting Actor
dammit now, that's two in the last bleeping day!! even though i couldn't afford EVERY title coming out, still this isn't good for the holiday season...and now i should be able to afford the games i want each week, and next year there won't be a drought, but....i knew the xbox's 2002 oct/nov lineup was too good to be true

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Its official.
Orta delayed
*Goes into the fetal position in the corner and begins weeping like a small child who just had his favorite GI-JOE taken from him*

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
:angry: I'll be back.... I'm going to go break some stuff. GROAN !!!!!!! Throws up. has voilent uncontrollable fits of RAGE. pounds hand on computer desk splintering the desk in the process. Yells out "NOOOOOOOO!!" at top of lungs. Glares at delay notice. begins to shake... signs off befo..

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind the delay, there is already a lot of Sega goodness coming our way the Xmas season. Plus we all know Orta will be worth the wait.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind the delay, there is already a lot of Sega goodness coming our way the Xmas season. Plus we all know Orta will be worth the wait.
Agreed. They can take all the time in the world to make this the masterpiece of a game that it needs to be. Its still..well..This game above all else was my number ONE game this holiday season. It is *THE* game I wanted more than anything. Its going to take me a bit to adjust.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I'm kinda happy this happened. This is a game I want to play, but there are SOOO many games for my xbox & PS2 coming out that I am going be spending over $500 for all of them. One less to buy before the holidays is nice.

As long as Steel Battallion isn't delayed, I'm ok. that's the one game I really want a whack at and from the sound of it, will need time to learn to play it (I've heard it's not exactly the easiest game to play.)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah this is another $50 that can go towards my purchase of that beast Steel Battlion.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Ugh.... ugh and once again... UGH. I suppose it's not bad to have one less thing to buy this winter, there are just so many DVDs and games coming.... Like Romier however, if anything, PD Orta was probably my most anticipated for the Box this year. :frowning:
Dan

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Kind of reminds me of when I was younger and was always disappointed around Christmas because all the games I asked for got delayed until January-March :) It sucks but it's pretty much what I always expect of major titles being released late in the year so I'm not too broken up about it.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Dave F, could you please start a new topic called "Hoping the lottery number on Tuesday will be 23, 51, 3, 14, 35"? Because your "Hoping for Xbox delays" topic seems to be coming true at an alarming rate... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks