What's new

Hoping for Xbox delays... (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Unless some games get delayed, late Oct/early Nov will be a dark time for the wallets of Xbox owners. I was just checking out the upcoming release dates:
  • 10/29 - Shenmue II
  • 10/29 - Tony Hawk 4
  • 10/29 - Unreal Championship
  • 11/1 - Dead or Alive Extreme Volleyball
  • 11/5 - Brute Force
  • 11/5 - Xbox Live Starter Kit
All that in a one week period, and there are still others that look pretty good around the same period. :eek:
-Dave

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I heard that. For me, the temptations start later this month when Quantum Redshift comes out. I had previously been assuming that I'd pick the game up when it came out, but considering how much I've been spending lately I'm thinking I might just hold off and wait for the stuff that I really can't do without. If I bought everything I was interested in right away, things would get out of hand very quickly :)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I don't quite get the anticipation surrounding Dead or Alive Extreme Volleyball.
Are a lot of gamers really THAT into volleyball?
Or is that they're into watching computer-generated women jump around in bikinis?
I'm not referring to you here, Dave F, or anyone in particular; I just don't get the excitement over this game in general.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Well, Beach Spikers is a helluva lot of fun. :) Also, coming from Team Ninja, we know that this will be one of, if not the most graphically impressive Xbox titles available.
-Dave

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Dave,
Don't forget:
9/17: Quantum Redshift
9/24 Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring (Universal)**
10/1: Hitman 2 Silent Asssasin
10/8: Blinx The Timesweeper
10/10 Fatal Frame**
10/15: Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance**
10/20: BloodRayne**
10/22: Toe Jam and Earl 3
10/29: Medal of Honor Frontline*
10/29: House of the Dead 3
11/1: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast**
11/1: Marvel Vs Capcom 2**
11/1 Serious Sam Gold**
11/5 Superman Man of Steel
11/5: Xbox Live Starter Kit
11/5: Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance**
11/5: Gothic (Morrowind like RPG)**
11/5 Ghost Recon Xbox
11/12: Mech Assault
11/12: Splinter Cell
11/19: Panzer Dragoon Orta
11/22: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance**
12/1: Steel Battallion
**Multiplatform release. Either has been released or is due to be released on another platform.
Busy holidays indeed:D. The Gamecube and PS2 lists are going to hurt me as well!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
10/8: Blinx The Timesweeper
10/22: Toe Jam and Earl 3
10/29: Medal of Honor Frontline*
10/29: House of the Dead 3
11/1: Marvel Vs Capcom 2**
11/1 Serious Sam Gold**
11/5 Superman Man of Steel
11/5: Xbox Live Starter Kit
11/5: Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance**
11/5 Ghost Recon Xbox
11/12: Splinter Cell
11/19: Panzer Dragoon Orta
ACK! I swear, I am going to need a second job! ;)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You know of course you don't need to buy them all at once, nor do you NEED to buy them on launchday... In fact, it may work out cheaper in the longrun to wait on a few ;)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
ACK! I swear, I am going to need a second job! ;)
Of course, it's a double-edged sword. You'll need the second job to buy all those games, but if you're working two jobs, you will have even less time to play them. Doesn't that just suck? :)
That is indeed an impressive line-up. I'm interested in Jedi Outcast, Mech Assault, and Metal Gear Solid 2. For that reason, I plan on plopping my money down on the Xbox sometime this next week. This is certainly a good time to be a gamer!
Oh, and Romier is right. Not only does the Xbox have a lot of great games coming out, but so do the GCN and PS2. Not only that, but there are a ton of great DVDs coming out in November, which will make us all even more broke. Ugh, it's a good thing I'm working all this overtime this weekend!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I can wait longer than, oh say 5 minutes or so, for Unreal, Brute Force, and DoA Volleyball. :D
-Dave

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Tony Hawk and the Live starter kit are no brainers. Unreal depends on how much time Unreal Tournament 2003 is taking from my life.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Whats the story with Marvel vs Capcom 2? Is it gonna be the same as on dreamcast?
Thats one of my favorite fighting games of all time, and this is the first I've heard of anything for the Xbox in that vein..
JQ

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Ugh.
I need to hit the Powerball.
If I do, I'll share the love.
Steel Battalion,anyone? ;)
I gotta pick & choose. Most will wait for price drops.
And there will be,simply because there's gonna be a huge glut of titles on the market.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Thank goodness three different stores around me rent XBox games. Thats the only way I am going to survive.
When is the release date for Time Sliders 2? I finally tried the XBox Magazine demo last night and it was a lot of fun.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Xbox Live, DoA VB, Shenmue II, and Steel Battallion are my no-brainers.

If Mech Assualt and others rate highly, I think they'll just have to go on my X-mas list. dang. too much to play, with the Xbox and the PS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks