What's new

Bruce Lee Legacy Box Set - 4 new DVDs from Videoasia, are these feature films? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Even though some are named the same as his films, I doubt they are.

The box includes The Real Bruce Lee 2, Return Of The Dragon, Fist Of Fury & Enter The Dragon Collection, does anyone have more details on this or a link to srtwork?

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I'm nearly certain REAL BRUCE LEE 2 is actually Kant Leung's recent shot-on-video turkey BIG BOSS UNTOUCHABLE in disguise. Here's a review of the lunacy starring Sky Dragon Sek:

http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces...ntouchable.htm

I believe REAL BRUCE LEE 2 simply pads out this exercise with trailers, scenes from Bruce's childhood films and, I've heard, clips of several of the earlier Lee-alikes in action.

The predecessor to BIG BOSS UNTOUCHABLE is the shot-on-film DRAGON THE MASTER (both films produced by shady legend Joseph Lai). This film has a crazier plot, more recognizable HK stars and, from the sounds of this review, could be ridiculous fun. Perhaps it's been retitled as one of the other movies in the Bruce Lee Legacy box, but I can't say for sure:

http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces...nthemaster.htm

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
But are all 4 of these not recognised as feature films?

Surly they can't put out films like Enter The Dragon & Return Of The Dragon while Warner & Fox have their versions out.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
VideoAsia is a public domain company and from what I've read, all of their releases are very bad quality wise. I'd say those two films owned by Fox and Warner, aren't those films but cheaper movies using those titles trying to be passed off as the real thing.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I suppose FIST OF FURY could be the real deal (as in the retitled BIG BOSS), as it has turned up in several supposedly "public domain" releases, some of which have been, at best, widescreen. ENTER THE DRAGON in your original post is listed as ENTER THE DRAGON COLLECTION. Is that the actual title as listed for this set? If so, perhaps its just another compilation of old and/or unrelated Lee-alike clips.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Well, now I'm getting confused.

I just came across this "Legacy Edition" of FIST OF FURY, the actualy Bruce Lee film, released by VideoAsia on July 20. Wonder if this is the FIST OF FURY included in the box? This link says it has a commentary (though by who on a public domain label, I don't know), an isolated score (?!) and three semi-related documentaries.

http://www.scarecrow.com/sales/item....oductID=002853

Plus this link from the same site says the individual edition of THE REAL BRUCE LEE 2 is actually a Bruce Li film called COUNTERATTACK, but it doesn't give much information. That might contradict my original theory:
http://www.scarecrow.com/sales/item....oductID=002853

VideoAsia also has a special edition of BIG BOSS:
http://www.scarecrow.com/sales/item....oductID=002852

I'm beginning to wonder if the RETURN OF THE DRAGON in this box is the real deal. I don't recall ever having seen a public domain release of this title, but that doesn't mean there never was one.

VideoAsia apparently also has FIST OF FURY: THE LEGACY PACK, which, as far as I can tell so far, contains BRUCE & SHAOLIN KUNG FU 1, BRUCE & SHAOLIN KUNG FU 2 and RETURN OF FIST OF FURY. Can't find anyone actually selling this yet, but I read about it over at Mobius.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I recently got burned on a Video Asia release. Definitely stay away from these discs. Even if they are the real deal, they will be of extremely poor quality.

Michael DenBoer

Auditioning
VideoAsia does release some rare martial arts titles; still the quality of their release is horrible. Out of all the budget companies out there are IMO VideoAsia is the worst.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I was in Best Buy on the weekend and noticed that REAL BRUCE LEE 2 is, in fact, the recent video-shot BIG BOSS: UNTOUCHABLE padded out with trailers and footage of the Lee-alikes in action, so you can ignore my #6 above and take post #2 as the correct info, at least regarding this title. I think the websites are getting all these cheapie VideoAsia titles mixed up.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Actually, Fist Of Fury is known in the U.S. as The Chinese Connection. As far as I know, this is the only public domain of his major films. Many PD companies have released this.

The Big Boss is actually known in the U.S. as Fists Of Fury.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks