What's new

Brother thinking about getting Integra Research seperates! Need thoughts. (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Okay, my brother is thinking about getting Integra Research's RDC7 and RDA7 amp and preamp combo. I know these products are generally regarded as exceptional high end pieces, with the amp designed by Balanced Audio Technology. My question is this. Does anyone here own these two pieces or have any experience with them. He has M&K speakers. His setup includes the M&K S-250 speakers at all 7 locations, plus a pair of MX-350MKII subs. Can anyone give me some thoughts?
He's trying to outdo me, but he won't succeed.:D

mike-j

Auditioning
Both pieces are fantastic. I have both of them. To my ears, the RDC-7 is the best pre/pro I have heard. I listened to many before I puchased it. (ead, etc) It is truly upgradeable through software at home. The first upgrade to DPLII and ES was $49.95! I did it myself. Most other companies requre you to take it to a dealer or send it in. They also charge you alot of $$$

Bottom line- the RDC-7 looks great, sounds better and has every feature (balanced outputs, etc) I could want.

The RDA-7 is also fantastic. It also looks great and sounds even better. It is one of the best amps I auditioned. (designed by BAT so chances are it would be great). And seven channels!!!! Clean, powerful sound. Every review I read said great things about this amp and it turned out to be so. This amp has much more power than its rating would indicate. It plays much louder and cleaner than other amps I have had rated at more wpc. (the outlaw for instance- although the oulaw is much less$, and rightfully so) I would say the sound is very true and the background is very quiet or black. Quiet passages in movies followed by eplosions are incredible. The sound emerges from nothing. I can turn the volume up when nothing is playing and hear nothing. No hiss, nothing. There is no background noise to obscure the details in a cd or soundtrack that most others would miss. Wonderful build quality, solid and a great power supply. This sucker is heavy though. It is a 2+ person lift at 118lbs (if you enjoy keeping you back intact)

I recommend both units very much

You can also check audioreview.com for others opinions. (although you probably already have)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks