What's new

Breakfast Club SE (1 Viewer)

Cary T

Screenwriter
I know there's a regular TBC dvd, but I want more. A movie like Jeepers Creepers have a SE; certainly The Breakfast Club deserves the SE treatment. I own the VHS, DVD, and will be the first in line for TBC SE. All I wish for christmas is a The Breakfast Club SE is that too much to as for :)

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
from what i understand its much easier for filmakers to make SE's of films in production or recently made since most of the material is on hand and can be made while filming while older movies require digging and rounding up casts.

Joel C

Screenwriter
That said, supposedly Universal is working on a boxset of '80s Hughes films, so there is hope.

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Welcome to the forum, an 80s fan is more than welcome :emoji_thumbsup:
There have been numerous rumours regarding this and other Hughes films needing SE treatment. Like many, we cross our fingers.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I think it's beyond the questionable stage right now. At Studio Day, Universal stated that this John Hughes box set had its supplements completed, and is awaiting a street date. I know I can't wait.

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
I remember reading an interview some time ago with John Hughes where he stated that he is the only one in possession of the longer cut of The Breakfast Club, and his copy is just a VHS dupe.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Do you know which of his 80's films are included in the box set. I own TBC and Ferris Bueller already, but guess i'll buy the set when it's released as well.

Joey

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of - I am hoping that something like PRETTY IN PINK would also be available separately rather than just in a box set. I doubt if I'll re-buy titles that I already have. Actually, does anyone know anything about PRETTY IN PINK on DVD?

Joey

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Still no word...Universal's overseas contract with Columbia expired today, so I think we should start seeing a flood of Universal back catalog announcements...I have my fingers crossed.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Pretty in Pink and Some Kind of Wonderful are getting ready to be released by Paramount pretty soon.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
PRETTY IN PINK and SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL will be released on 8/20... regarding the eventual John Hughes boxed set, hopefully each title will be available separately as well.

Haden

Supporting Actor
One has been rumored for a LONG time now, but as I recall from the last solid info I read we probably won't be getting it until sometime in 2004.

My dream extra for a special edition would be a full cast commentary that reunites all of the brat-pack in this movie, kinda like the cast commentary track for the Goonies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks