What's new

Break in of Paradigm Studio 60's with center (1 Viewer)

Lance_R_AZ

Auditioning
Just purchased Studio 60's v3 with Studio CC470 v3 and I want to know a good way to break them in. Do you recommend pumping DVD through them, or 5 channel stereo. I'm a little worried that just playing DVD's through them that the center channel will get nice and broke in but the towers won't get their legs stretched. Maybe a mix of 2 channel stereo and DVD? Also what volume levels do you recommend? Normal listening levels, loud, or just enough to pass electrons.

Thanks
Lance

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I don't know if it's the best way to do it, but when I got my Studio/100 v.2's a couple months ago I went to bed with the tuner going (pink noise or radio station) in 5-channel stereo.....the mains opened up quite a bit over the first 20-30 hours, from what I could tell.

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
I used both DVDs and CDs. The DVDs played in DD or DTS while I had the CDs playing in PL2 music or cinema mode. I left the media on at around 80db while at work for several days. I noticed a good bit of difference after only a few days. Since then, the difference is not noticable to me. I received my 20s before my 100s so I was able to go through the break in a two different times close together. BOTH times I noticed the largest difference between the first hour and about 75-100 hours later.

My suggestions would include playing very dynamic programming you are familiar with at moderate levels, and try not to listen while they are breaking in. Go back after tens of hours later and listen to that same material you are familiar with for differences. Play them tens of hours again and listen for differences. Once you fail to discern a difference, they've done pretty much what there going to do as far as noticably audible changing.

Lance_R_AZ

Auditioning
Thanks, those were kind of my thoughts but that's a good idea to avoid listening in the interim break in period to see if you can discern a difference of pre and post break in performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks